Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 PM

25 posts, read 40,416 times

Advertisements

Thank's to everyone who took the time to reply to my problem. I took a little info from each post and applied it to my case and I'm happy to report that I had my hearing today and I was granted a Order Rescinding Previous Order for Summary Eviction. As I approached the defendants table I got my, "good afternoon your honor" in and she asked me how I was doing, I said great, thank you for asking and ran with your advice in post #17 Ivoc and told my story first. As I was ending with the fact that they didn't check that room for 17 days and I could have been dead, the court room and the judge laughed and she told me to wait and see what the landlord had to say. I look over and there was a lady representing the landlord. She came to explain even though my receipt said I departed on 11/17/12, it didn't mean I left. The judge looked at her and granted my motion and told her that she had a case last year where a man checked out and a lady moved in and they evicted the guy who moved out. So thank you Ivoc. Everything you posted was right on the money. I'm 59 and never been evicted in my life and thanks to your great advice I can still say that. I owe you one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,827,676 times
You are welcome. You are now a certified small claims court expert.

If you come across another sufferer tell them off to court...And you know the basics.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:59 AM

390 posts, read 757,196 times
Thanks Jeffman - wondered how it came out. and lvoc, you do give some great info here!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM

4,628 posts, read 12,315,701 times
Congratulations to the OP on righting a wrong. These people do this knowing at some point they'll get paid, because it's easier for most to satisfy the judgement. They should be convicted for a crime.

I sued once in small claims and lost. He had a lawyer that didn't speak and I was really nervous. I filed an appeal, and wrote down my statement this time. The lawyer had the guy abject to my written statement, but the judge allowed it. I said what I needed to say and won!

Good job!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 AM

Thanks kcoliver and thanks again Ivoc, you hung in there from start to finish and that says a lot about the person you are. I've always considered help, advice and even training as money in the bank because one of the greatest things someone can do for you is teach you something they know along with the lessons they learned. The best way I know to thank that person is to pass it on. Your advice is sound and I can pass it on word for word. My gift will be the lessons I learned like the cashier telling me to change my address, don't depend on the mail, check the court website right up to the day of the hearing and dress to impress. Not only was I asked a few times if I was a lawyer but I could feel the court take me much more serious because I wore a suit and tie. I feel like a winner today and hope you share that wining feeling too Ivoc because from your first reply, your cool, calm, no nonsense advice convinced me I could win. I dedicate my win to you.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Congratulations to the OP on righting a wrong. These people do this knowing at some point they'll get paid, because it's easier for most to satisfy the judgement. They should be convicted for a crime.

I sued once in small claims and lost. He had a lawyer that didn't speak and I was really nervous. I filed an appeal, and wrote down my statement this time. The lawyer had the guy abject to my written statement, but the judge allowed it. I said what I needed to say and won!

Good job!
Thank you MrWillys, I'm honored that people here would take the time to post for me. Good people and advice forums like this make our world go around a little easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas