Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,165,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlesq View Post
I pass by it every day-- I work close to there-- do they have turkey burgers? I don't eat any beef or pork, so I was concerned that I wouldn't have many
choices there. I'd love to try it if they do though
Nope, no turkey. Their curry sauce may make a convert of you, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM

743 posts, read 970,353 times
been there a couple of times, pretty tasty. It's hard making a go of the restaurant biz, especially in Vegas...the curry sausage was good, give them a try.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,165,004 times
Dita's is closing their doors for good at 8pm tonight. If you want one last brat or burger, better get down there soon.

https://www.facebook.com/DitasBratsBurgers

Old 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,498,645 times
^^^ Too bad! I love curry dishes but anyway just yesterday I was at Archi's Thai Bistro at the Village Square in Peccole Ranch. Love the place, Archi's also has another location in Spring Valley by South Rainbow and Post, the restaurant chain is popular for their curry/coconut dishes.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,026,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

I can't speak to real Italian pizza because I've never had it. Care to describe the differences? We might actually have a couple of places here in town that make it the old school way, but since I don't exactly know what that means, it's hard to say.
As Mark Twain said about "using the right word" -- it's the difference between "lightning" and "a lightning bug." Real Italian pizza, cooked in 200-to-1,000-year old wood-fired brick ovens by life-long pizzaiolos is a life-changing event. It's like having risotto for the first time in the Venato. It's like having 100% extra virgin olive oil for the first time. (Most people in the US have never had the pleasure.) It's like having 100 year old balsamic vinegar for the first time. It's like having a good Napa cabernet sauvignon for the first time. It's like seeing La Boheme for the first time. It's like seeing The Godfather for the first time. (I truly envy these people. "Hey, there's Tom Hagen!")

Settebello is as close as it gets in Las Vegas. They're good. They're very good. But it's still not Naples. Naples is IT when it comes to pizza. There isn't even a close second.

PS -- As far as German food is concerned, I'm a sucker for a good curry wurst. I used to go through Checkpoint Charlie every day to grab one in East Berlin, back when there was an East Berlin. The VoPo would follow me every step of the way (I was just a student. I thought it was darkly humorous.) But I love a good curry wurst. The curry wurst that they occasionally serve at Hofbrauhaus is fairly close. I haven't had Dita's. But I'll try it when I'm nearby.

Last edited by ScoopLV; 03-03-2013 at 03:24 AM..

Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,596,614 times
I recently tried Cafe Berlin at Sunset and Decatur. Quaint little place in a small strip mall. The Jaeger Schnitzel
was amazing. Served with spaetzle. Good German beer, but skip the strudel. I make a better "strudel" by microwaving a Little Debbie's apple pie and adding vanilla ice cream and cinnamon.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,545,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I recently tried Cafe Berlin at Sunset and Decatur. Quaint little place in a small strip mall. The Jaeger Schnitzel
was amazing. Served with spaetzle. Good German beer, but skip the strudel. I make a better "strudel" by microwaving a Little Debbie's apple pie and adding vanilla ice cream and cinnamon.

Yes... I was going to mention that this place JUST OPENED. I can not wait to try it.

Danke
M. Schumacher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas