Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
If you decide to drink and you drove to the location, these guys will get you and your car home for about 60 bucks.

Designated Drivers, Inc. - Home

Too late for OP, but posted for everyone else who may be reading this.
Good post.

Some of my co-workers use that service religiously. That with the amount of taxis on the strip, there is really no excuse.

Sent from cell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 PM

249 posts, read 402,587 times
I'm an attorney and I do duis--- any criminal attorney does. But there is misinformation in this thread.

It doesn't matter if you're slightly over the limit, or three times the limit-- unless you cause substantial bodily harm or death, or if it is your third DUI within seven years, the charge is the same-- a misdemeanor.

Also, it doesn't matter if you refuse fsts and the breathalyzer, they will force a blood draw at the jail.

You may have a defense; however, since the police did not see you behind the wheel, they will need an independent witness to do so, unless you clearly admitted to driving. The state or city (depending on where it happened) could always have a witness problem too (e.g. The nurse may be unavailable for trial etc). You also should request a DMV hearing- it is automatic revocation of your license for 90 days (you can get a restricted after 45) but you have a right to a hearing and have a slight chance of prevailing there as well

Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 PM

101 posts, read 427,471 times
Thanks

Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,827,655 times
A lot of difference between having a couple of prior convictions for dui and having none.

Nevada DUI |Drunk Driving Laws, Penalties, Fines | SR22 Insurance | drivinglaws.org

Fishhead, have you been charged with anything else besides DUI?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Extrapolation of BAC is tricky and is tricky in NV I think. Supreme Court case said it was actually a pretty iffy procedure and would have to be judged case by case.

This one sounds reasonably tricky. Apparently the arrest occurred on private property without an officer present when the car was being driven. .

Get a lawyer...you need one. But your case may not be hopeless.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
A lot of difference between having a couple of prior convictions for dui and having none.

Nevada DUI |Drunk Driving Laws, Penalties, Fines | SR22 Insurance | drivinglaws.org

Fishhead, have you been charged with anything else besides DUI?
Not sure, have not seen police report.

Find out in the next couple of days.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
bettin that he suddenly has injuries when he see the first TV commercial......sorry dude but you are fish toast
Don't think he can read or understand english.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Don't think he can read or understand english.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. There are personal injury attorneys for just about every language out there. Like I said earlier, I would expect a summons at some point.

- Eric Palacios & Associates Law Firm | Las Vegas, NV

Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 AM

553 posts, read 1,208,205 times
OP, I know you are here only trying to get he help you very much need. But do you remember that warning you got from the arresting officer? The warning about anything you say can be used against you? It applies here, too. Be careful.

As for the best DUI lawyer, you want a lawyer who knows the judges and prosecutors you will face. You want a lawyer who deals with those judges and prosecutors a lot and is respected by them. You may end up fighting for your defense through a trial that you will hope to win, but more likely, you will negotiate some kind of deal to minimize the punishment you face. When it comes time to negotiate, who your lawyer knows can be nearly as important as what your lawyer knows.

GirlEsq posted here with advice that seemed to demonstrate that she is a DUI lawyer who knows her stuff. If you know no other lawyer in town, you might reach out to her. Talk a lot with her about her experience in the specific court you will be in. If she knows the players there and you like her, hire her. If not, be candid with her, tell her your concerns, and ask for a referral to a lawyer who fits better what you are looking for.

By now, you probably should already have found your lawyer, but my advice might help someone who later reads this thread looking for the same advice you seek. If by chance you don't have a lawyer yet, get on ASAP. There are probably things you can and should be doing now, before you have to deal further with the court and prosecutor.

Good luck, and remember through this tough time to be thankful for being able to learn an expensive lesson while being safe. It could have turned out much worse.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM

Good advice CoCo, and oh by the way, my rights were never given to me by the arresting officer.

As far as a lawyer, I've obtained one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: