Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 AM

611 posts, read 951,045 times

Advertisements

I know there are a lot of dollar stores in LV, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good thrift stores. I like to hit these stores for frames to put my pictures in, kitchen items, etc. For example, I just bought a travel hair blower for $1 and a wooden picture frame in the shape of a cactus for $1.50 at a thrift store here in Canada where all money raised goes to the local hospital to buy equipment. In my travels around LV when visiting our condo I never noticed any in the south or east area where I did most of my household shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Savers
Buffalo Exchange
Deseret Industries
Assistance League Thrift Shop

I heard that there is suppose to be a high end thrift store in Planet Hollywood. Only been there once and did not see one. I doubt there is one in there.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM

932 posts, read 2,347,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
I know there are a lot of dollar stores in LV, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good thrift stores. I like to hit these stores for frames to put my pictures in, kitchen items, etc. For example, I just bought a travel hair blower for $1 and a wooden picture frame in the shape of a cactus for $1.50 at a thrift store here in Canada where all money raised goes to the local hospital to buy equipment. In my travels around LV when visiting our condo I never noticed any in the south or east area where I did most of my household shopping.
Try the Emporium Store on Charleston just west of Decatur. Good selection, nice people, and its proceeds benefit a worthy cause, the New Vista Community.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:15 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
in the south or east area where I did most of my household shopping.
Goodwill on Nellis, Salvation Army on Boulder Highway, Savers and Goodwill on Warm Springs, Salvation Army on Stephanie.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:17 PM

611 posts, read 951,045 times
Thanks a lot for your speed response...I'll print this out and take it down with me on my next trip.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:03 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
If you are 55 or over, you can get your Senior discount from these stores listed above and one's I have listed, usually on Wednesdays. Some stores have different days. Anywhere from 20% off to 50% off.

There is a Lutheran church thrift store at Meadows mall. One Meadows mall lane. Opportunity Village thrift store used to be near it, but that has moved to the Decatur Crossings shopping Center on Decatur near Meadows mall lane, across from Target.

Epic thrift store has $1 Mondays for the color of the day and every other Saturday, everything is half off for the color of the day.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM

629 posts, read 1,175,178 times
Like a month ago there was a whole thread on this where people chimed in with addresses and what's the best thing to find at each shop

Old 09-06-2012, 09:07 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Not sure, but I think Goodwill has the most stores.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,673,803 times
I have only been in a few thrift stores here and maybe I just hit it on the wrong day, but I didn't think the prices were all that great considering it was all out dated and well used.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Another thrift store that is great for books: What it is: A guy that bids on storage units and wins the bids. He is part of a company that does this all over the states. They take everything and sell it in a thrift store type environment. But most of the items the guy expects ebay prices. It will not happen. The books are a great deal though, and not just little paperbacks. I have found all kinds of reference books in there. Really expensive books from medical, to college textbooks, just everything. $1 each no matter the size.
You will have to go through them as they are just all put on the shelves in disarray, although the last time I was there, I did stack up a bunch of them with the titles facing out.

Some of my great finds:
A book on the human anatomy
An organic gardening encyclopedia from 1959
A sex manual that shows every position known to man(no macgeek, you can't have it)
A great big book on Zen, Tao, etc.
A couple of books on Organized crime
And a few others

Some books date back to 1800's. And some are new one's. The owner of the store said that the books were a losing source of revenue for him, so they may quit selling those in the future. I think you all should get a chance to check it out first and grab some of those books before they are gone.
Books are in the back left corner of the store, across from electronics, by the toys. The store itself is like a small warehouse.
It is at the corner of Decatur/Cheyenne. 3281 N.Decatur. Suite 185. 89130 zip. Mon-Fri 10am to 6 pm. Sat-9 am to 5 pm. Sun-9 am to 3pm. When you drive in to the commercial/shopping center, facing it, the store is on the far right, up the steep ramp with all the junk outside. Park in the lot, walk up the ramp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas