Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,161 times

Advertisements

I was thinkin' Bellagio or Mirage where they split them for you, oh, and the Wynn also.

But then again, Planet Hollywood is good too and I think @$10 cheaper (shorter lines too!)

Maybe the M, haven't tried them yet and what about Mandalay Bay? Aria?

C'mon crab connoisseurs, who's "Got Legs?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,191 times
I hate crab legs... to much work and they are the cockroaches of the sea.

isnt the rio's seafood buffet one of the best for this?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post

Cockroaches of the sea? Do you consider it a lower class of crustacean because it walks sideways?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 AM

8,421 posts, read 4,573,961 times
Quote:

Not if you know what you are doing. Forget the stupid thing that looks like a big nut-cracker, just use a fork
as shown here (a regular fork works fine, you don't need a 'crabinator')

How to Eat Alaskan King Crab - YouTube

Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
I asked the DH who works on the strip and he seconded the Rio suggestion. Bon Apetit!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,072,337 times
The Rio Seafood buffet gets horrible reviews. I used to love it there and honestly I haven't been in probably five years, but after reading recent reviews, I can't see dropping $40+ hoping it will be good.

It seems you can find snow crab legs at most of the seafood buffets and brunches. I ended up eating at the M buffet recently on seafood night and I thought the (snow) crab legs were horrible. Hardly any meat and water logged.

I much prefer king crab legs. If you google around it seems that Wynn and Bellagio buffet have them from time to time, but apparently not always. Might want to call ahead and check.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
@Westie Jeff,

Honestly, seafood and buffet are not two words I like to see together in a sentence, especially out here in the desert. Seafood is generally expensive for a reason. If someone is offering "all you can eat" they get the hairy eyeball from me.

That said, the DH was at the Rio buffet less than a month ago and said the crab legs were huge. Were they good? I dunno, I wasn't there and he doesn't eat seafood. They are generally easy to prepare, so I hope so.

There are some new local's type joints in Spring Valley offering seafood, and I found one link for the OP. Unfortunately, it's lobster, not crab.

Lobster ME proves you can get good seafood in the desert - Entertainment / Neon - ReviewJournal.com

* I almost made a huge link blunder here. I did a paste and hadn't cleared out that cat-butt tattoo photo I posted in the Vince Neil Ink thread. I'm glad I caught that one* Talk about making a person lose their appetite..

Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM

15,831 posts, read 14,469,933 times
Aria!!!!!

Most of the time, both King and Opilio (snow). Decent price for a top tier buffet $31-ish. I've paid more money for less King Crab at seafood places. Also, the split the King legs, so they're very easy to eat.

Also, it really hasn't been discovered. I was playing poker at Bellagio, and got hungry, their buffet had their traditional huge line. Took the tram back over to Aris (where I was staying), and it was a walk up.

On Fridays, it's a little more espensive, but includes a half lobster.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 PM

990 posts, read 1,654,005 times
Quote:

My favorite "bugs."

Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,989,895 times
As usual, the answer is Sterling Brunch. Snow Crab, King Crab and Stone Crab. Remember to ask for your local's discount when reserving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: