Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,206,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's a mystery to me why Mojave is so bad. It's located in a semi-rural area and the neighborhoods surrounding it once were selling for big bucks. The area just doesn't have "crime here" written all over it, but the delinquents at Mojave sure brought their game.

Canyon Ridge is a weird location. That's a semi-industrial area over there.

I wish both schools the best of luck.
It is not the housing communities directly but the LARGE(couple hundred units) income restricted apartments surrounding Mohave that feed that school. I won't name the properties but my wife used to manage two of the properties in the area. Metro would always have a report ready for my wife almost daily for them tracing crimes back to the offender's home of record. The home of record would almost always be one of my wife's properties. The rule for these apartments is ZERO felonies. Get a felony, move out. Lets just say that my wife was always signing constable evictions paperwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,195,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
It is not the housing communities directly but the LARGE(couple hundred units) income restricted apartments surrounding Mohave that feed that school. I won't name the properties but my wife used to manage two of the properties in the area. Metro would always have a report ready for my wife almost daily for them tracing crimes back to the offender's home of record. The home of record would almost always be one of my wife's properties. The rule for these apartments is ZERO felonies. Get a felony, move out. Lets just say that my wife was always signing constable evictions paperwork.
I don't recall seeing any large apartment units over there, but I'll definitely take your word for it.

Last time I drove by that area ( North Fifth is a rather convenient back road) I noticed the cows were gone from that little patch on Ann. Not sure whats up with that.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 PM

131 posts, read 211,302 times
Quote:
I don't recall seeing any large apartment units over there, but I'll definitely take your word for it.

Last time I drove by that area ( North Fifth is a rather convenient back road) I noticed the cows were gone from that little patch on Ann. Not sure whats up with that.
They're at Pink's house

Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,369,979 times
Those cows have been gone for awhile, and no, they do not allow cows in our neighborhood. The HOA would not allow that. But I think in The Lakes, with your nice big block walls, you could hoard a few cows there.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,377 times
I live out near Mojave, and the surrounding homes are fairly decent with mostly newer homes with some new parks recently being developed. The pig farm is there, but it's not too bad unless you live right across the street from it. You need to check out the high school zoning for Mojave which may explain the difference between Mojave and Canyon Ridge. Mojave includes not only the surrounding area, but extends past east past the I-15 all the way to Nellis AFB.

http://azac.ccsd.net/maps%20as%20of%...boundaries.pdf

Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,206,101 times
Quote:
There are quit a few. Every morning I see plenty of teens standing at bus stops or walking in large groups towards the Mojave direction. Every afternoon it is in reverse. I probably have on average of 75 kids that pass my house.

Quote:
I am a current resident, I have been here a year, as a whole I do not have a problem living here at the terrace, I have seen two fights, but that can happen anywhere, my problem is with the ... Full Review Read more: Glenbrook Terrace Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other North Las Vegas apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Quote:
It's simple. Don't move here. If you have children, don't move here. If you are elderly, don't move here. If you work hard for what you have and you don't want it stolen, don't move here. On top of that ... Full Review Read more: Acapella Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other North Las Vegas apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Quote:
I don't know if I can hold the management accountable for the manners of the people they rent to, but it's a challenge on a weekly basis to just swallow it and avoid confrontation. Residents leave trash on the stairwell, ... Full Review Read more: The Reserve at Arrow Canyon Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other North Las Vegas apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 09-15-2012, 12:52 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,195,560 times
^^ Yikes.

When I first bought this place, we were zoned for Mojave but I put my son in Shadow Ridge. Mojave didn't look bad, but there was an uproar at the time about the students there stealing another school's mascot and participating in animal cruelty on the poor dog. I wanted no part of that, so I didn't update the CCSD on the fact that I had moved and just drove my kid to Shadow Ridge when he got old enough. The youngest went to a magnet school.

I think we are probably zoned for Legacy now, but it's no longer a concern for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas