Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 PM

990 posts, read 1,656,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Maybe it's just me, but isn't it a little strange to be thinking about a business plan without knowing what kind of business you want to run? It would seem more logical to decide what kind of business you want, decide how you want to market it, how many employees you'll need, etc., THEN decide where you want that business to be.

Whatever happens, good luck with your venture.
Wrong. First step is market research. Find out what people want.
You could be a great coffee maker but if no one wants it you're in the wrong business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,508,751 times
How often does Vegas get anywhere near freezing? 2 days in January, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaster3 View Post
I'm glad you prefer your froyo when its 30 degrees outside.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:22 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,886,609 times
I should mention I live near there & visit the shopping center often.

In addition to my earlier post re: frozen yogurt of a bagel shop, I would also say I'm a fan of Great Harvest.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,009,160 times
Convince the whack-job owner of Chik-Fil-A to let you buy a franchise. It would be like a license to print money. (Even though you have to give half your profits to the franchisor.) At least you'd get Sundays off. But you'll probably need some bible classes in order to get the franchise.

I wouldn't eat there, because I don't support Chik-Fil-A's extracurricular activities. But it would be a money maker.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:14 PM

146 posts, read 529,576 times
@ BBMW

Absolutely spot on. I need to check the weather forecast more often! Dammit! This should help our OP's market research:

Vegas = HOT.
Yogurt = GOOD.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:44 PM

You're loosing 1/7th of your money to having to be closed on Sundays. There are lots of franchises out there. There's no need for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Convince the whack-job owner of Chik-Fil-A to let you buy a franchise. It would be like a license to print money. (Even though you have to give half your profits to the franchisor.) At least you'd get Sundays off. But you'll probably need some bible classes in order to get the franchise.

I wouldn't eat there, because I don't support Chik-Fil-A's extracurricular activities. But it would be a money maker.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,009,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
You're loosing 1/7th of your money to having to be closed on Sundays. There are lots of franchises out there. There's no need for that one.
Other franchises don't have a petition begging them to come here.

I don't think there's any way to lose money on a Chik-Fil-A franchise in Las Vegas. People here would save up all their loose change so they could get a sandwich. One day off. No big deal. It's not like you're going to lose much business over that. Just open earlier and close later the other days. That will more than compensate for the time you lose by closing on Sundays.

Hang loose!

Scoop

Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM

Gimme a break. I just noticed the typo, and this silly site doesn't allow editing after a certain amount of time.

The question isn't whether a Ckilfila would make money. It's whether it whether it would make more money than another franchise.. Giving up 1/7th of your operating hours puts you at a disadvantage from the start.

Quote:

I don't think there's any way to lose money on a Chik-Fil-A franchise in Las Vegas. People here would save up all their loose change so they could get a sandwich. One day off. No big deal. It's not like you're going to lose much business over that. Just open earlier and close later the other days. That will more than compensate for the time you lose by closing on Sundays.

Hang loose!

Scoop

Old 07-21-2012, 07:49 AM

50 posts, read 194,714 times
Quote:

Hang loose!

Scoop
Since Scoop took the time to point out your spelling error, I'll point out his: It's Chick-Fil-A.

Fair is fair.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM

^
I like it better without the hyphens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas