Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM

30 posts, read 101,900 times

Advertisements

I know this is a slightly bizarre question, but I'm planning my wedding, and would LOVE to incorporate a large bonfire with it. The issue is, we want to have our wedding in Vegas (or close to the city) and I don't even know if this sort of thing is possible. Can anyone tell me if bonfires are legal in and outside the city, and even better, if there's a great location to create a bonfire???

THANKS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 PM

404 posts, read 1,195,256 times
Right now a good location for a bonfire may be...Florida? Have you been watching the news? It is VERY DRY out here right now!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:05 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
There are ordinances here prohibiting bonfires. (I know this from experience. I tried to burn off my garden in the winter and got a visit from the Fire Department.)

Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Really no place to do that anymore now that we've grown into a very large city. Then you run into the clean air folks besides the fire department. You could probably go someplace way out in the desert several miles and build a bonfire. Or go stand by the Mirage volcano─natural gas fires are OK.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
I got married at the ABSOLUTE COOLEST location in this town.
Boulder Beach on beautiful Lake Mead

We used a company that will go anywhere you want from the strip to the middle of the desert.
Simple Las Vegas Weddings.

If we wanted a bonfire there, it would have been ok I'm sure.
Maybe they wouldn't help you build it---but I'll bet they'd let you do it.
Give em a call.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooplv View Post
there are ordinances here prohibiting bonfires. (i know this from experience. I tried to burn off my garden in the winter and got a visit from the fire department.)
:d:d:d

Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
There are ordinances here prohibiting bonfires. (I know this from experience. I tried to burn off my garden in the winter and got a visit from the Fire Department.)
That is actually reasonable. The worst of the pollution here is actually in the winter. Though up where you are I would think you pick the right day and it blows out of the valley.

Bon fire would easily be done in Pahrump. Try the vineyard. They can probably work it out. Maybe in connection with a nice meal or cocktails and a wine tasting. Always intrigued me. What do you grow in Pahrump...redneck grapes?

Old 06-29-2012, 02:28 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
That is actually reasonable. The worst of the pollution here is actually in the winter. Though up where you are I would think you pick the right day and it blows out of the valley.

Bon fire would easily be done in Pahrump. Try the vineyard. They can probably work it out. Maybe in connection with a nice meal or cocktails and a wine tasting. Always intrigued me. What do you grow in Pahrump...redneck grapes?

I know the vintner. The best wines are made from grapes in climates with hot days, cool nights, relatively poor soil, and moisture blown in from a nearby ocean. Pahrump has all but the last condition. (There's a reason why Napa, France, Tuscany, South Africa, Chile and Australia make great wines -- proximity to the ocean.) But Pahrump Valley Winery's Zinfandel grapes are quite good, and it's a solid $13 bottle of wine.

Southern Nevada is never going to be a wine-producing powerhouse. But Nevada wine is better than what's made in many states. Besides, it's always good to buy locally. My wife and I buy a few cases each year.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 AM

943 posts, read 1,843,947 times
I doubt you are going to get the ok for a BF in nV. try Colorado there is fire burnng now or New Mex there is one that was burning for weeks may still be. It will be free fire .

Old 06-29-2012, 04:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I don't know about bonfires, but from news stories on the place they said most wine made in the Pahrump winery is from grapes grown elsewhere. Mostly California I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas