Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM

681 posts, read 2,811,947 times

Advertisements

I have a few properties here in Vegas and have been through 3 different people to do various work on my properties when my tenants have issues (minor or major). All if them seemed reliable and responsive at the beginning but then eventually they would take too long to call me back or respond to my emails.

One of my tenants had a flood situation last month and I couldn't get a hold of my contractor that I use all the time ... they didn't even call me back. Luckily I didn't wait around and got the issue fixed by being my own contractor and calling in various trades people to fix everything up.

Does anyone here on the forum have a really good reputable and reliable handyman or contractor that you use that will always get back to your requests with a fair price and good job quality? Even be available for evening and weekends? Can send me a private message if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,908,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mricu View Post
I have a few properties here in Vegas and have been through 3 different people to do various work on my properties when my tenants have issues (minor or major). All if them seemed reliable and responsive at the beginning but then eventually they would take too long to call me back or respond to my emails.

One of my tenants had a flood situation last month and I couldn't get a hold of my contractor that I use all the time ... they didn't even call me back. Luckily I didn't wait around and got the issue fixed by being my own contractor and calling in various trades people to fix everything up.

Does anyone here on the forum have a really good reputable and reliable handyman or contractor that you use that will always get back to your requests with a fair price and good job quality? Even be available for evening and weekends? Can send me a private message if you like.
Angie's list provides a good start.

I will send you a dm with a recommendation. Note however that the problem with recommending the good ones is they get busy and then have to sort their business and won't return your calls etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM

681 posts, read 2,811,947 times
Ya that's why I want to avoid Angie's List and see if anyone has someone that is not well known. I know if I get someone from Angie's List that has a good reputation, I'll probably not be able to call them for emergencies.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 PM

2,581 posts, read 2,776,318 times
I have had problems finding people such as handymen and electricians to work on my house. I try to schedule them but they are either busy at the time that I need them or something comes up and they can't make it. Once they make it out they do great work.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:16 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,682,561 times
Its been my observation, that all tradespeople in Las Vegas are flaky, I had a GREAT handyman, trusted him completely.
He got busy, he got greedy, then he disappeared.

I have gone thru another 3, and have a new one, but this guy considers himself a 'contractor'
will look at the job, give you a price (on the high side) come in, and bang it out in a few hrs.

no small projects for $20 a hr.

I have a GREAT electrician, but again.. not a handyman..

Jonathan

Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,227,839 times
I know a handyman. PM me for his phone number. He's licensed, semi-retired, and won't steal from you.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM

16 posts, read 43,306 times
Default Plumber

I know of a very reliable and reasonable price plumber. Dm me for phone #.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 AM

83 posts, read 273,279 times
I am looking for a handyman/plumber/appliance repair/landscaper ~ basically, I am looking for a well-rounded experienced person to help me around my house. I am moving for a year and will be renting out my house and need someone I can call to fix things without ripping me off. I would appreciate the name of your handyman. I'm not sure how to PM you .Thanks. Kellie

Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM

17,916 posts, read 43,665,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieann View Post
I am looking for a handyman/plumber/appliance repair/landscaper ~ basically, I am looking for a well-rounded experienced person to help me around my house. I am moving for a year and will be renting out my house and need someone I can call to fix things without ripping me off. I would appreciate the name of your handyman. I'm not sure how to PM you .Thanks. Kellie
Click on the user name of the person you want to send a message to. You will see a dropdown menu that includes "send a direct message to...". Click on that, type away, hit send.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,399 times
I just got stationed out here and am purchasing a home in North Las Vegas. It is my first home and I need a handy man/ crew to help me fix up the place. Not a major overhaul just paint, new floors and minor electrical.

Anyone "know a guy?"

Not looking for overpriced labor as I will be helping too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas