Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:10 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,430,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
For me or the car? j/k

No seriously, the point of the bra is to have a cool black "leather" look on the hood. Oh, and deflect bogs and whatnot, too, I guess?
Slow tourists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,339,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that it will burn your hands here when you fold it up. Then of course, there's the question of what to do with it when not in use. That's why I like the retractable shades. Plus the material never gets hot.
But it's permanently attached to your windsheild? I would NOT like that. Plus, ever been in a New Beetle? The windsheild is VERY curved and very far away! (Beetles are suprisingly roomy inside) I can't see how that would work.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I haven't paid much attention to car bras because I don't care for them. Do the block the radiator at all? That would be bad here in the summer.

One good thing about Las Vegas is no bugs. Our windshield is a little yucky right now from California bugs though. But even over there it's not nearly as bad as most of rural America can be.
Car bras are in 2 peices. One fits on the end of the hood, and the other fits around the front of the car. They have vented areas to allow the car to breathe. My Firebird had one, and I was thinking of getting just the partial one for my Beetle.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 AM

I'll take your word on the sheepskin car seat covers. It sounds awful!

Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Funny, in researching car bras and the effect they have on the car in extreme heat, I see that the stuff my car already has stuck on IS a clear bra. It's clear bra adhesive film.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
Ive always been a fan of clear bra's myself.....

Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,430,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
But it's permanently attached to your windshield? I would NOT like that. Plus, ever been in a New Beetle? The windshield is VERY curved and very far away! (Beetles are surprisingly roomy inside) I can't see how that would work.
Neither did I, but it does. They are attached by fasteners that use a sticky glue that doesn't hurt the glass at all, on each side, and they don't block your view at all, but they can be removed easily. However, once you use them you will never give them up. I'm sure there would be no problem fitting a VW. We've had them on two Saturns, two Honda Accords, a Dodge Class C camper van, and a Toyota Highlander. A couple of times when we sold a car we took the shade with us and put it on the next one. You just ask for one made for your car, but if there is a difference I've never seen it. It's really the height of the windshield, not the length, that is the difference. They aren't cheap, but believe me, in the desert they are worth it.

Google

Old 05-27-2012, 11:42 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,089,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Try a clear bra
Quote:
I haven't paid much attention to car bras because I don't care for them. Do the block the radiator at all?
The black 'ol school bras are a bit too tacky IMO, I had one way back when on an IROC Z28 in the early 90s.

The way to go is the 3m clear protection film. It's basically like the clear plastic /polyurethane (?)'that you use to cover smart phone screens, iPads, etc. Unless you look real close you won't even know it's there.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 PM

88 posts, read 357,724 times
I have a black 2004 Saturn ION. Have had since it was new. I love darker colors too. Yeah it gets hot, but unless you are in a hurry, just take your time leaving and let your car cool down with the AC. Another color I like besides black is charcoal or a dark blue. Silver is just too plain for me. White is ok depends how you accent it. Either way as long as the car does not have chrome on it, I will take it.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:41 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,089,444 times
So I'm yet again looking at trading in my car and I searched black car Las Vegas and this popped up - too funny. 2012 huh? I think I've had a couple white bimmers since then. Looking at the new M5 in black they're so sexy. I have a 15 in white now, an X5 in white before that and a white Jeep Grand Cherokee before that. Time for a change...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas