Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,359,753 times

Advertisements

Does anyone use the windshield cover things? You know, the sunshade things you put up inside your car when you park? They do make a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,960,955 times
I have been around cars for most of my life.. Either as a mechanic, racer or builder.. Used to work on Panteras....Have done most eveything to a car..

Here are my opinions... And yes they really do work...

If the outside color is dark, have a lighter inside color..Whether you have tinted windows or not.. Makes the inside cooler....slightly cooler BUT none the less cooler....

When you get in and turn the air on make sure it is on recirculate and open the windows (preferably the back windows)...This lets the hot air to vent out and the A/C to recirculate a slightly cooler air to cool down quicker....

And for that just cleaned look, After you wash your car OR get it washed.. Use Pledge on it.. This NOT only make it shine but will repel dust and dirt... If it starts to look yucky, either use a california duster or a smooth hand towel and it will look like you just cleaned it....Works for wheels too...

Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,093,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
What about blue or red or yellow or green or brown or orange? It almost sounds like there are only three choices: white, black, or silver.
(I'm glad there is more variety out there!)
I like red, just not on cars (Italian cars are always the exception). Yellow, blue, green...hell no.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
I like red, just not on cars (Italian cars are always the exception). Yellow, blue, green...hell no.
For me...white or silver? Hell no

I love red cars, too. Drove a red Firebird for years. She was fast and pretty lol

Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,967,495 times
Quote:
Does anyone use the windshield cover things? You know, the sunshade things you put up inside your car when you park? They do make a difference.
Yes, these are the best ones I've ever found. They're quick and snap back in no time when you're ready to go:
Eclipse Sunshade, Car Sun Shade, Auto Windshield Sun Shades, SolLight Solar Powered Lantern & BPA Free Water Bottle, Retractable Sunshade, Self Storing Car Window Sun Shade. Free Shipping & Low Prices on all Eclipse Car & Auto Window Sun Shades

Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Interesting! It's funny how I rarely see anyone use sunshades. I always do when it's hot so I can touch my steering wheel without burning my skin. I also have a beach towel in the car when it's hot...hot seats in a convertible and all

Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,331,659 times
Quote:
Interesting! It's funny how I rarely see anyone use sunshades. I always do when it's hot so I can touch my steering wheel without burning my skin. I also have a beach towel in the car when it's hot...hot seats in a convertible and all
I can't remember if you have tint, but the first thing I would do is tint your windows dark when you move here. That alone will cut down on heat and interior wear/fading, and as an added benefit it will also make your AC work better.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I can't remember if you have tint, but the first thing I would do is tint your windows dark when you move here. That alone will cut down on heat and interior wear/fading, and as an added benefit it will also make your AC work better.
I don't have tint and while I know the benefits of it I don't care for the look of it. It wouldn't look right on my car IMO.

My car's top is triple insulated which works well in the winter to keep out cold but also works well in the summer to keep out heat. My issue with hot seats is if I leave it parked with the top down. My last car's top was vinyl and would get hot to the touch, but this car has cloth which is better.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 PM

23,386 posts, read 29,263,546 times
If you're among the 24,000 night shift workers, like myself, it doesn't matter what color your car is. I work 10p-6a, sleep during the day, no A/C in my car, and I suffer not in the summer!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:38 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,091,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Check Craigslist and you'll find more black cars for sale than any other color.
Maybe because there are more black cars SOLD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas