Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM

180 posts, read 391,717 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a resource for information on hot water heat systems. Our condo uses the hot water tank to heat the unit it sends the hot water through a pump to a heat exchanger and back I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 09:40 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
What are you interested in learning?

By the way, with any conventional hot water tank (regardless if the hot water is used to heat the condo), you must maintain it or it WILL fail & you will have to replace it.

Maintenance of the hot water tank is simple. See http://www.waterheaterrescue.com for instructions on what to do. Basically, you need to drain 5 gal every month or so from the tank to flush out sediment. All you need is hose or bucket for this. And, every so often you need to replace the sacrificial anodes in the tank. It isn't tough to do if you are at all handy - the replacement anode will cost you about $30 to $45. You might need to do this every 6 to 8 years or so. If you do these two things, your hot water heater will last a VERY long time.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 AM

180 posts, read 391,717 times
I would like to know if it would be possible to go to a tankless system to conserve energy especially for the months we are not there. We were having a problem with the hot water taken a very long time to come out of the taps and I'm not sure why.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,689 times
I live in a condo where the thermostat is on the top floor in a owners unit, in order to have my lower floor warmer, I must call them. My questions are..1 can the thermostat be moved, like the basement , or 2 can each unit have there own ?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM

99 posts, read 128,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2LV View Post
I would like to know if it would be possible to go to a tankless system to conserve energy especially for the months we are not there. We were having a problem with the hot water taken a very long time to come out of the taps and I'm not sure why.

I think the OP is talking about room heat. But, I bought one of these and it was the smartest move I ever made. Gas bill is rarely above $20. When I am there it gets close to $25 in January.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:25 AM

143 posts, read 98,554 times
...aaaand spam has arrived. On a six year old thread, no less.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:57 AM

1,627 posts, read 1,712,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2LV View Post
Problem is due to the length the hot water has to travel to the faucets. The faucet closet to the hot water tank will get hot water faster than the one at the end of the run.

Solution is a recirculating pump. I had one in a house once and will never live with out one again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas