Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM

4 posts, read 8,544 times

Advertisements

Sad to say, one of my homes that I own is going to the process of foreclosure. I haven't paid on the home for 6 months now. The house is empty since the house needs repairs. Previous tenants trashed the place. I don't have 7500 in repairs to get the home renter ready. I pulled up the parcel number on Clark County. It listed the mortgage company with the word ASSIGNMENT. What does this mean???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,016,929 times
You realize that you are going to get hit with a whopping 1099 tax bill since its not your primary residence right.. I'd find the 7500.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,077,350 times
That's a standard first step in the foreclosure process.

The assignment assigns the rights to foreclose from the bank who actually services your loan to a third party foreclosure service (quality loan servicing, recontrust, etc.).

After the assignment, the third party foreclosure service can file documents and continue the foreclosure process.

Usually a Notice of Default or Breach will be filed next, although not required.

Notice of Trustee Sale will be recorded, usually a month or so (minimum of 21 days) prior to the auction that actually forecloses on the home and transfers ownership back to the bank or an investor owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Great Here View Post
Sad to say, one of my homes that I own is going to the process of foreclosure. I haven't paid on the home for 6 months now. The house is empty since the house needs repairs. Previous tenants trashed the place. I don't have 7500 in repairs to get the home renter ready. I pulled up the parcel number on Clark County. It listed the mortgage company with the word ASSIGNMENT. What does this mean???

Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
That's a standard first step in the foreclosure process.

The assignment assigns the rights to foreclose from the bank who actually services your loan to a third party foreclosure service (quality loan servicing, recontrust, etc.).

After the assignment, the third party foreclosure service can file documents and continue the foreclosure process.

Usually a Notice of Default or Breach will be filed next, although not required.

Notice of Trustee Sale will be recorded, usually a month or so (minimum of 21 days) prior to the auction that actually forecloses on the home and transfers ownership back to the bank or an investor owner.

Thank you for the information. This use to be our primary residence. Problem is that we bought another home. Rented it out to good people (we thought). Both my wife and I lost our jobs 3 months ago. I have found another job recently but it does not pay like my other gig. Since you know what your talking about, how long more do I have ie foreclosure process?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM

What is the foreclosure process/timeframe?? Thanks guys!!

Last edited by observer53; 03-28-2012 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: Threads merged

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,077,350 times
No way to know the timeline. The minimum time would be approx 3 months from default and then 21 days. I've never seen one go that quickly. Usually ranges anywhere from 6 months to 2-3 years.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
No way to know the timeline. The minimum time would be approx 3 months from default and then 21 days. I've never seen one go that quickly. Usually ranges anywhere from 6 months to 2-3 years.
Thank you for the information.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,969 times
Hey, sorry to hear your challenges. But there are still ways to get yourself out of the foreclosure, i.e., getting an investor buying your home or taking over your payments. It really depends on whether your property is way too underwater or it just needs fixing. Sometimes you may get quoted for $7500 but you could get it repaired for a lot less. If you could avoid foreclosure it could really savage your credit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas