Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times

Advertisements

Too bad Las Vegas doesn't have major league sports...you could have went to a game, instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM

236 posts, read 628,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Too bad Las Vegas doesn't have major league sports...you could have went to a game, instead.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's ok though. We're both originally from Toronto, so we grew up going to lots of Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays games.

... Hey, I guess we could see the 51's game, they're the Blue Jays farm team right?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM

...or head over to Arizona to catch spring training games of some MLB teams!

http://www.arizona-vacation-planner.com/arizona-spring-training-schedule.html (broken link)

Oh wait...you said he's coming in April...the MLB season will already be started. Could you grab a dirt cheap flight to LA, SF, SD or PHX to catch an MLB game?

Last edited by jfkIII; 03-21-2012 at 08:06 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM

13 posts, read 22,218 times
My ex's sister will be coming to Las Vegas and wants to take us (my son and I) to a sporting event this spring. Love the suggestion about driving to phoenix or l.a. He's never seen baseball live, so this is a great idea (especially with in law paying)
Thanks jfk!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Rashida View Post
My ex's sister will be coming to Las Vegas and wants to take us (my son and I) to a sporting event this spring. Love the suggestion about driving to phoenix or l.a. He's never seen baseball live, so this is a great idea (especially with in law paying)
Thanks jfk!
Your welcome! I've driven over to PHX to catch a Diamondbacks game while visiting LV...it's a pretty good drive...4-5 hours.

Check Frontier Airlines...you might be able to get a cheep flight...or even Expedia right before you go. If no good, you can always use your backup plan of driving.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,487,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's ok though. We're both originally from Toronto, so we grew up going to lots of Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays games.

... Hey, I guess we could see the 51's game, they're the Blue Jays farm team right?
Yes, they are the Blue Jays farm team and going to one of their games is very enjoyable! They are very "locals" minded and always giving away free stuff!

But, you're with your buddy in Vegas, not too many tourists come here to attend a major league sports game out of state, lol, you can see your favorite teams back home!

It's Vegas baby and you got to live it up! You and the buddy go to a Strip Club or go see Peep Show at Planet Hollywood! Go to one of the nightclubs like Tao or the VooDoo Lounge at the Rio. You may not think so, but Terry Fator's show at the Mirage is extremely popular and enjoyable!

Check out the various bands at Harrah's Carnaval Court bar (outdoor and free)

Here's Absinthe's website and it's on my "go to" list, too

:: ABSINTHE VEGAS ::

Most importantly, you and the friend have fun!

Last edited by MomMom; 03-22-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,161,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post

and spend LOTS n LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and spend LOTS n LOTS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh yes, that too.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 AM

236 posts, read 628,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post

It's Vegas baby and you got to live it up! You and the buddy go to a Strip Club or go see Peep Show at Planet Hollywood! Go to one of the nightclubs like Tao or the VooDoo Lounge at the Rio. You may not think so, but Terry Fator's show at the Mirage is extremely popular and enjoyable!

Check out the various bands at Harrah's Carnaval Court bar (outdoor and free)

Here's Absinthe's website and it's on my "go to" list, too

:: ABSINTHE VEGAS ::

Thanks MomMom,

....This is what makes you one of the better posters here on CD

And as far as spending lots of $$$$......I already did that when I bought my condo here, and with the HOA's still spending lots!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Thanks MomMom,

....This is what makes you one of the better posters here on CD

And as far as spending lots of $$$$......I already did that when I bought my condo here, and with the HOA's still spending lots!!!
Bless your heart

Yes, you already spent lots here in town, and it's all yours to enjoy. And I bet you love the time you are at your condo! So nice when you are a local for a while, isn't it?

That's the beauty of Las Vegas, enjoy my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas