Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 16,262 times

Advertisements

What are the good/bad neighborhoods in the Las Vegas region? Outer limits would be Pahrump or even Kingman, but there's bound to be some good property at reasonable prices no further than Henderson, right?

Wife and I will visit for 8 days in May with an eye toward relocating within the next couple years. Roughly 10 years from retirement and have worked in higher education our entire lives, although we have had past success in a home-based business as well, so college jobs are not necessarily required.

Sick of TN's rain, perpetual clouds, and humidity. Very outdoors-minded and active folks in good health for now. We've seen and love much of the western US and have been wanting to relocate for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter1 View Post
What are the good/bad neighborhoods in the Las Vegas region?
Good neighborhood: The Tomayasu Lane area, 89120. Houses there go for seven and eight figures.

Bad neighborhood: The Vista Knolls area, 89120. Condos there go for $20,000.

THESE TWO NEIGHBORHOODS ARE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF EACH OTHER.

I'm trying to illustrate that it makes no sense whatsoever to ask where the good and bad neighborhoods are. Every zip code in the valley has good and bad neighborhoods. We don't have a "right side of the tracks/wrong side of the tracks" division here.

If you spend a lot of money on your house, you'll more than likely end up in a good neighborhood. If you don't, you more than likely won't. Make sense?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Skooter, please do a search on your topic because this question gets answered here again and again every week. You could make a book of all the pages here dedicated to this topic.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Skooter, please do a search on your topic because this question gets answered here again and again every week. You could make a book of all the pages here dedicated to this topic.
Yep. And before posting again, make sure to watch this video first. It is a must for all new posters:

Posting And You... | Flash Videos

Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 16,887 times
Hi scooter,

We bought a property in Las Vegas last year. I recommend zip code 89178, 89141. If you need a real estate agent you can trust I can recommend you the agent we had. Just let me know if you want to get her contact details.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:37 PM

Location: OC, Big Bear Lake, Las Vegas NV, Laughlin NV, Palm Desert CA
113 posts, read 422,551 times
As a buyer that has invested more than once in Las Vegas and has researched and toured most areas of Las Vegas area over 2+ years, I would suggest the Southwest 215 beltway and Northwest off the 95. I didn't like the East or North or the middle of the west ( Desert Shores area.) In my opinion, I think Southwest seems the best. I used the crime map and picked the green areas. That seemed to be very helpful in our search. I have heard great things about Henderson, but next toured it. Best of luck!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
^
You didn't like the Henderson area? Especially around Seven Hills / GVR? Why?

Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 AM

Location: OC, Big Bear Lake, Las Vegas NV, Laughlin NV, Palm Desert CA
113 posts, read 422,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
^
You didn't like the Henderson area? Especially around Seven Hills / GVR? Why?
We have never looked there in person. I've heard great things about Henderson. If we invest in another property again, that would be an option, too.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM

399 posts, read 693,925 times
Before someone trashes all of North Las Vegas, the area north of Ann Road and Aliante are generally pretty nice and safe. There are some great bargains in these area too.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:39 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWNLV View Post
Before someone trashes all of North Las Vegas, the area north of Ann Road and Aliante are generally pretty nice and safe. There are some great bargains in these area too.
We are supposed to tell them the area is terrible. That way we get less traffic and get in and out of the stores easier with shorter lines. Tell them all to go to Henderson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas