Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 AM

16 posts, read 78,003 times

Advertisements

I can basically choose to move anywhere in the US, as I've been living in Texas for basically my whole life. Vegas is on top of my list of cities that I'm considering to move. I know the night life is off the hook in vegas, but Im worried its going to be really expensive to go out. I heard you have to pay upwards of 100 bucks to get in a club in vegas on a weekend.

Here in Dallas the nightlife isn't too expensive and there are several lounges that have free cover. Is it true the night life in vegas is really expensive? I don't want to spend no more than 50 bucks a night going out, and i could even get away with spending 30 bucks including cabfare by pregaming.

If its gonna be really expensive, I wouldn't be able to go out as much but I want to go out pretty much every weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,268 times
Here is my bar bill from Last week at Tryst

Jonathan

Old 03-01-2012, 07:18 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman89 View Post
I don't want to spend no more than 50 bucks a night going out, and i could even get away with spending 30 bucks including cabfare by pregaming.
Then your not going out.
Not to a nightclub anyway.
You'll shoot 80% of your load with the cover charge alone.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post

Jonathan
How nice of you to celebrate my birthday like that.

Of course I was like "10.00 for a Bud Light?!!!" (it's not worth 50 cents!)

Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
and they didn't even put the hookers on the bill.....that's EXTRA.

Nightclubs in Dallas are cheap because it's.....well......Dallas.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
23 fuji's @ $8 a piece... LULZ

Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,473,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman89 View Post
I can basically choose to move anywhere in the US, as I've been living in Texas for basically my whole life. Vegas is on top of my list of cities that I'm considering to move. I know the night life is off the hook in vegas, but Im worried its going to be really expensive to go out. I heard you have to pay upwards of 100 bucks to get in a club in vegas on a weekend.

Here in Dallas the nightlife isn't too expensive and there are several lounges that have free cover. Is it true the night life in vegas is really expensive? I don't want to spend no more than 50 bucks a night going out, and i could even get away with spending 30 bucks including cabfare by pregaming.

If its gonna be really expensive, I wouldn't be able to go out as much but I want to go out pretty much every weekend.
The biggie nightclubs on the Strip, you'll pay a lot for the evening.

We have a lot of lounges in the Strip hotels, if that's your thing, usually they are free and you just pay for your drinks, but they are not nightclubs. Some of the lounges have dancing, but again, it's not a disco/nightclub like the ones you've heard about.

We also got lounge/showrooms in our local hotels, where local bands/acts will perform regularly. Usually it's free to enter, and if not, it doesn't cost much if there is a cover fee. You just pay for your drinks.

You have the option of staying local and paying not as much, and then you can, once in a while, pay more and splurge for a Las Vegas Strip night.

Lots of choices

Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post

One of the many things I just "don't get" about nightclubbing...

For $25,000, I can fly to Paris, take a train to Reims, buy five or six 15L bottles of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label, stay in a nice hotel for a few days, eat some serious gourmet food, and fly back.

I can't even begin to comprehend the priorities of someone who would rather spend $25K on a single bottle in a crowded club listening to really bad music.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
One of the many things I just "don't get" about nightclubbing...

For $25,000, I can fly to Paris, take a train to Reims, buy five or six 15L bottles of Veuve Cliquot Yellow Label, stay in a nice hotel for a few days, eat some serious gourmet food, and fly back.

I can't even begin to comprehend the priorities of someone that would rather spend $25K on a single bottle in a crowded club listening to really bad music.
I'll go with you so we can hit up the Aviation club

Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
I'll go with you so we can hit up the Aviation club
You have fun. I'll be at Père Lachaise paying my respects to Jim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: