Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:12 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,971,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I read somewhere that bedbug eggs can survive a direct hit with spray, a spin in a microwave, immersion in boiling water, the vacuum of space, and freezing with LN2.
And yet the heat of a hairdryer kills them?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...faq1.pdf&pli=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 01:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,249,613 times
a little more then a hairdryer......they are attracted to heat.....we have just started using the first BB killer in Las Vegas.....we have a heater that is plugged in to any suspected room....the room is heated to 135 degrees and that heat maintained for 4 hours.....the entire process requires that a hotel room be offline for 8 hours....as opposed to the 4 days for it and ALL surrounding rooms...so far its working wonders for us.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:19 PM

664 posts, read 1,031,730 times
check out the Candlewood Suites LV they have 1br suites fro, 132.00 to 154.00 per night. It's a very nice place.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:21 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,557,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
check out the Candlewood Suites LV they have 1br suites fro, 132.00 to 154.00 per night. It's a very nice place.

that's

Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,993,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
They do have them. My daughter in law has a friend who moved over there with her husband and one year old about two weeks ago. Within a couple of days they were eaten up with bedbug bites. The woman called my dil last night and asked if she would come over to their place and babysit the toddler, because hubby was at work and one of her bedbug bites is in a very sensitive area and terribly infected. She needed to go back to the ER. Obviously, my dil said "uh... sorry, but no?"
They are not allowed here either. Don't want any travelers dropping in on us. Thank God this is not a "good" friend of my dil, just a new acquaintance. So they have not hung out. We met them at the Flamingo/Swenson Seigel and they moved to Harbor Island... and we have not seen them since. She didn't call her family to babysit because she doesn't want to tell them they have bedbugs. (shudder) anyway, that is how I know that place has bedbugs.
And roaches.. hundreds of them in each unit from what I gather.
That is why I would be a little careful who I tell to come on over to the place you are at! Ick.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,382,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I don't think that's doable for them. They need that as a weekly rate. We stayed at a Candlewood Suites place for 3 nights in Michigan in late June. They are good places. Has everything someone needs to live there if someone wanted to.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,382,116 times
You can also kill cockroaches with hair spray. But you would need a LOT of hair spray. Then you have to unstick them and toss them out. Ick.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 PM

719 posts, read 1,485,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
That is why I would be a little careful who I tell to come on over to the place you are at! Ick.
A family in trouble, new to town, with a disabled child will ALWAYS warrant my help. If I ever get too callous to help a parent in need it will be a sad day indeed.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 PM

719 posts, read 1,485,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I don't think that's doable for them. They need that as a weekly rate. We stayed at a Candlewood Suites place for 3 nights in Michigan in late June. They are good places. Has everything someone needs to live there if someone wanted to.

I love that LV has so many weekly options for those of us new to town and getting our bearings. My place has dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, stove, oven, etc etc all the comforts of home. It is nice to just pay a weekly rate and have all utilities etc taken care of for me.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:18 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,993,404 times
Quote:
They do have them. My daughter in law has a friend who moved over there with her husband and one year old about two weeks ago. Within a couple of days they were eaten up with bedbug bites. The woman called my dil last night and asked if she would come over to their place and babysit the toddler, because hubby was at work and one of her bedbug bites is in a very sensitive area and terribly infected. She needed to go back to the ER. Obviously, my dil said "uh... sorry, but no?"
They are not allowed here either. Don't want any travelers dropping in on us. Thank God this is not a "good" friend of my dil, just a new acquaintance. So they have not hung out. We met them at the Flamingo/Swenson Seigel and they moved to Harbor Island... and we have not seen them since. She didn't call her family to babysit because she doesn't want to tell them they have bedbugs. (shudder) anyway, that is how I know that place has bedbugs.
And roaches.. hundreds of them in each unit from what I gather.
Quote:
A family in trouble, new to town, with a disabled child will ALWAYS warrant my help. If I ever get too callous to help a parent in need it will be a sad day indeed.
Certainly not trying to imply not to give someone advice at all, in fact I think it is good that you let the OP know there could be a bb problem. There are also a lot of good posts here telling them how to check for them or get rid of them. Also nice that you tell them where nicer places are.

That said, I can't help but notice the irony here. In one post, you don't want to help the people out with the infected baby, don't want them there (which I understand) in the other...well you can read and you can see what I am getting at. Not judging, I understand all the dilemmas and agree with them on all levels. I wish the best for all and I also personally think that the health dept. should step it up with these sleaze places, at least as far as bugs go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas