Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:26 PM

14 posts, read 30,358 times

Advertisements

Hi there! Found these boards today and thought I'd take a stab at getting some good info. I'm looking for possible wedding venues in the city (or even a natural location) where a 1950's style vintage wedding would be appropriate? I'm from Tennessee but we love some of the kitschy locations for weddings...we aren't looking for a chapel though. Some other location that says 'Vintage Vegas' would be ideal.

Thanks in Advance,
Ali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
The only place I would go is Little Church of The West. IMO, everything else is just too tacky. (That from a guy whose 2nd wedding was in the Marry'n Sam's Office downtown, e.g, the County Marriage Clerk or whatever they are called.). Anyway, it was good enough for "The King", Elvis that is...

Las Vegas Wedding Chapel | Las Vegas Weddings | Little Church of The West

Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlover4 View Post
Hi there! Found these boards today and thought I'd take a stab at getting some good info. I'm looking for possible wedding venues in the city (or even a natural location) where a 1950's style vintage wedding would be appropriate? I'm from Tennessee but we love some of the kitschy locations for weddings...we aren't looking for a chapel though. Some other location that says 'Vintage Vegas' would be ideal.

Thanks in Advance,
Ali
Ah ha, I just reread your last statement about Vintage Vegas. The Mount Charleston Lodge comes to mind, as does the Spring Mountain Ranch. Have to give this more thought and get back to you. I'm sure by then you'll have lots of ideas. There's not a lot of "vintage" left in Vegas.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 AM

140 posts, read 277,622 times
There's a vintage mid-century modern house managed by the Junior League, where group tours can be arranged. Wonder if they would allow a wedding for the right price. It's kind of like a private museum though I think. The Junior League of Las Vegas: The Morelli House If they don't allow a wedding, maybe they can direct you to a similar kind of place that would.

Last edited by Magnoliablossom; 12-28-2011 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 12-28-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnoliablossom View Post
There's a vintage mid-century modern house managed by the Junior League, where group tours can be arranged. Wonder if they would allow a wedding for the right price. It's kind of like a private museum though I think. The Junior League of Las Vegas: The Morelli House If they don't allow a wedding, maybe they can direct you to a similar kind of place that would.
Great idea. I think it might be available too.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 PM

14 posts, read 30,358 times
Ooo, these are great suggestions! I opened up a topic in 'OpenVegas' forums and got the 'Neon Graveyard' which sounds SUPER cool but of course wouldnt work for a reception...

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
You might want to query a fellow named Jack LeVine. He's a Realtor in Las Vegas and under the nom de plume "Uncle Jack" runs an interesting and informative website called Very Vintage Vegas. Maybe he could point you to a rental if the Morelli House in unavailable. You might also get some information by contacting Friends of Classic Las Vegas, 3053 W. Craig Road, Suite E-243, LV, NV 89032. Sorry, I don't know any E-mail address for them -- I guess that really IS vintage.

As a fan of mid-century modern architecture, I can tell you that Las Vegas has been shockingly careless about its fabulous mid-century history. There's not as much available as you might think. Residents of Phoenix, AZ -- home of the nation's largest treasure of "atomic ranch" architecture -- are much more respectful of this unique historical era.

Uncle Jack's Very Vintage Vegas - Mid Century Modern Homes, Historic Las Vegas Neighborhoods, Las Vegas History and Urban Living by Jack LeVine

Here would be my vintage wedding sites of choice, albeit not in Las Vegas:
Scottsdale Hotels | Hotel Valley Ho | Downtown Scottsdale Mid-Century Modern Resorts + Spas - Hotel Valley Ho
Orbit In - The Ultimate Palm Springs Modern Experience - Palm Springs Hotel
Miami Beach Luxury Hotels | Miami Beach Luxury Resorts

Modern Phoenix: The Neighborhood Network

Old 12-29-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewlover4 View Post

Thanks in Advance,
Ali
Maybe you should tell us what you mean by "vintage style Las Vegas", because what you have in mind might be a lot different from what we are thinking. Also, how big will the wedding be? Lots of folks, or just the two of you?

What time of year will it be?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 AM

Here's an idea for very very vintage Las Vegas. Bonnie Springs Ranch (http://www.bonniesprings.com/services.html - broken link)

And here is extremely vintage Las Vegas: Nevada Division of State Parks - Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park

The Spring Mountain Ranch is very, very, very, vintage Las Begas, and the most beautiful place you could hold a wedding around here ...if they'll let you. It has been owned by a lot of people going back to 1876, and some of them were Howard Hughes, Vera Krupp who was robbed of her famus Krupp Diamond at the ranch, and Lum of Lum 'n Abner radio fame. Nevada Division of State Parks - Spring Mountain Ranch State Park

Aaannnnd, Mt Charleston Lodge holds a ton of weddings. This might be my choice: Mt. Charleston Lodge about

Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
Hi,
Neon Graveyard I think is Vintage Vegas at its best in terms of a photo shoot after your wedding. For natural sites, the Valley of Fire is pretty gorgeous. I'm with Chapel of the Flowers and we could plan both for you, if interested.
For reception, I wonder as well how many people you're having - Piero's Restaurant has been around for years and has amazing food and old Vegas mob history. If not, I would look to somewhere downtown - Binion's is pretty old school and their steakhouse is ok, good view. Again, the amount of people you're having and what you consider Vintage Vegas would help to know. Congratulations and good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas