Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:59 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
I love those kinds of pictures.

Good or bad times, it gives me a lot of pleasure knowing that I live in a city that looks like that^. Its beautiful.

I'm happy that you derive such pleasure in living in your beautiful city. I do have to wonder if you see the hypocrisy in it though when you were deriding some politicians in your previous post for being corrupt. Maybe you weren't taught that Vegas was built on corruption. Or maybe that really isn't the case and I just read it in some Texas history book. Regardless, corruption has been around since the beginning of time. And many times it's open to interpretation, thus the differences in History books I guess.

The OWS movement in New York may be just one of those instances. Those involved in the movement see it as a positive thing and would write History accordingly. However, reading the comments that accompany this article, you can clearly see that others view it in a different light.

'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Chant 'Follow Those Kids!' As Small Children Try To Go To School On Wall Street « CBS New York

If the question were posed as to how this would be written in to History, it would be a positive thing if the contents of the article were used to show one side of the issue and the comments would be used to present the opposing view. However, this rarely happens.

For those believing that this movement (OWS) will be what your generation is remembered for, please take note that the children that you were terrifying on their way to school will be the generation to follow you. It's just an interesting thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 PM

542 posts, read 987,580 times
Ummm... what?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,317,433 times
Quote:
Ummm... what?
He really wanted to talk about the occupy wall street biz and randomly posted it here, apparently.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:46 PM

542 posts, read 987,580 times
"A beautiful mountain scene "

"You know, we took that from the Indians. Its all corrupt."

Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,525,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm perplexed. Most of the posts I've read from those living in Vegas say they rarely go to the strip. I don't see how that is perpetuating the myth of Las Vegans feeling as if they are on a never ending vacation. And there have been numerous threads regarding the unemployment rate in the area. Have we been reading the same Las Vegas forum?
I'm perplexed that you totally misinterpreted my post???

Last edited by jfkIII; 11-18-2011 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I love those kinds of pictures.

Good or bad times, it gives me a lot of pleasure knowing that I live in a city that looks like that^. Its beautiful.
It's like someone saying that they are proud to live in Orlando...because Disney World is there. It's just a tourist area that exists there. And from what I've read here, most LV residents deny, for some odd reason, that they visit The Strip much.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,387,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Trust me, I would absolutely love to say things are getting better and be more optimistic, but I can't. I have studied history, and I can look at what is really going on in this country. I do not know the future, but it is not looking good if you ask me.
That's negative. If things are going downhill, what are you doing about it? Wringing your hands and complaining won't help anybody, it makes things worse. I have other terms for this, but will use this trite phrase because I think most people have an idea of what it means ...self-fulfilling prophecy.

You can always do something about "it" ...no matter what "it" is.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,146,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
That's negative. If things are going downhill, what are you doing about it? Wringing your hands and complaining won't help anybody, it makes things worse. I have other terms for this, but will use this trite phrase because I think most people have an idea of what it means ...self-fulfilling prophecy.

You can always do something about "it" ...no matter what "it" is.
IT was a movie with the old DA's mamma or step momma or sumpin

Old 11-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I had a buddy that called those Nay sayers, "Aginners", because they are agin everything. Lots of aginners show up here to spread the gloom. They must be fun at parties.
Just curious...what's the phonetic pronunciation of "Aginners". I'm not making the connection to anything?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:54 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,810,165 times
Where I come from we call the negative posters Cave People "Citizens Against Virtual Everything" lol. Las Vegas has many more Pluses than negatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas