Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:15 PM

135 posts, read 438,680 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where/if we (NY transplants) we can buy real Arthur Ave. type Kaiser Rolls in Las Vegas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
Don't think you're going to find any, short of a plane ticket. San Francisco has delis that approach Arthur Avenue. But no Kaiser rolls like the Bronx. People also don't seem to get that "Italian ice" isn't gelato.

Here's a typical shot of Arthur Ave.

Here's a better -- more typical view from the avenue:

Next time I go to New York I'm going straight to the Bronx -- and staying there for a full week.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got...'til it's gone.

- Joni Mitchell

Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM

328 posts, read 726,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Don't think you're going to find any, short of a plane ticket. San Francisco has delis that approach Arthur Avenue. But no Kaiser rolls like the Bronx. People also don't seem to get that "Italian ice" isn't gelato.

Here's a typical shot of Arthur Ave.

Here's a better -- more typical view from the avenue:

Next time I go to New York I'm going straight to the Bronx -- and staying there for a full week.
I'm fom Illinois but I know where you are coming from. I really need to take a vacation to the Bronx. I hang with a friend from there and everything is the best there.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 AM

930 posts, read 1,819,012 times
there is a column in the Review Journal called "taste of the town" that appears every wednesday or mabey thursday where readers help other readers to find food items that they're looking for:

Flat bratwurst can be found - Dining / Taste - ReviewJournal.com

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,361,018 times
they don't exist on the w. coast. I am from nyc and LOVE them. and Byaliys,

Old 09-12-2011, 09:43 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
they don't exist on the w. coast. I am from nyc and LOVE them. and Byaliys,
Well sorry....you're west coast now...and you will have to be stuck eating California-style pizza and the like. EVERYONE knows it's in the water (which comes from Beautiful Upstate NY!) You guys have Lake Mead and Colorado River. It'll never taste the same.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,001,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Well sorry....you're west coast now...and you will have to be stuck eating California-style pizza and the like. EVERYONE knows it's in the water (which comes from Beautiful Upstate NY!) You guys have Lake Mead and Colorado River. It'll never taste the same.
See, I don't buy that. I can take distilled water and add various minerals and salts and make water that is the exact composition of what comes out of the taps in the Bronx.

But I'm still not going to get baked goods like they have there. There are hundreds of variables, not the least of which is the skill of the baker -- many of whom have been at it for seven generations.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:00 AM

135 posts, read 438,680 times
::sigh:: - thanks everyone. Had a feeling this was the answer, but DH really likes a good kaiser roll so figured instead of assuming they couldn't be found I'd ask... Well at least we now have Krispy Kreme - didn't have them in NY
Pam

Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post
::sigh:: - thanks everyone. Had a feeling this was the answer, but DH really likes a good kaiser roll so figured instead of assuming they couldn't be found I'd ask... Well at least we now have Krispy Kreme - didn't have them in NY
Pam
you could try making them... maybe a stupid idea but this seems not too bad... it even explains how to make them look all bakery(ish)

Kaiser Rolls | The Fresh Loaf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas