Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:56 AM

4,539 posts, read 10,649,047 times

Advertisements

Orleans buffet. Particularly for lunch at I think $7.99 with the B-Connected card. I don't underestimate the ability to get freshly cooked food at a buffet and Orleans has three stations I think where they prepare the food then and there...Mongolian, Wok, and grill...usually with huge beef ribs.

Seniors make out like bandits on Tuesdays I think where they get 2 for the price of 1. Theres probably some old dude out there shaking his fist in the air at me for adding to the hour plus line on Tuesdays.

It was tons better than the Palms lunch buffet which I think was $11 or $12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,174,117 times
The GREAT WALL In that triangle of land on Charleston and Rancho. GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE very reasonable.....in the same parking lot as the Omlette House [which is also very underrated]

Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,878,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
1) Binion's Ranch Steakhouse -- although I have not been there since they remodeled. Next time I have guests in town, this is where I'm taking them. (I've seen some spotty reviews about the place, but I chalk that up to people who don't have a clue how to dine out.)
I gotta be honest here - I didn't think their meats were very high quality. They did a good job with what they had, but I didn't think they were starting out with steaks as good as the best steakhouses in town start with.

Quote:
2) Bouchon -- I'm amazed this isn't considered a Las Vegas treasure just for the steak frite.
Bouchon's prices are far lower than I expected from a Thomas Keller restaurant. I thought it was pricey enough to be special-occasion only, but after looking at the menu, I told my GF that it's no more expensive than the other restaurants we dine at for the once monthly gastronomic indulgence we allow ourselves.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,029,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
I gotta be honest here - I didn't think their meats were very high quality. They did a good job with what they had, but I didn't think they were starting out with steaks as good as the best steakhouses in town start with.
Fair enough -- I haven't been here in awhile, and I've only dined here twice. Both times, though, the $44 prime rib was worth every penny. It was certainly prime beef, the stuff I normally pay $20/lb. for. So I was happy.

I've found with steakhouses that everyone's mileage will most definitely vary. Bet bet is to ask the server, "What's the best cut of meat in the store today?"

Because it changes day to day. (But if you have an unscrupulous server/restaurant manager, this will get a recommendation for whatever they want to offload the most.)

Old 08-12-2011, 04:56 PM

23 posts, read 115,340 times
Super Mex on Durango/215 the chips ans salsa are killer plus the burrito and food portion are huge with good prices. Plus they have mailing lists where its usually buy one get one free meal.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:24 PM

422 posts, read 1,086,789 times
Ellis Island BBQ for the quality, price and quantity is an underrated restaurant. The wait validates this. Don't look for atmosphere and not in the best area.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 PM

16,409 posts, read 30,361,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
Ellis Island BBQ for the quality, price and quantity is an underrated restaurant. The wait validates this. Don't look for atmosphere and not in the best area.

Great specials and solid, if predictable food.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,177,475 times
strings italian cafe on flamingo and eastern iirc.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,813,335 times
I'll put in another vote for Buzz bbq

Rib tips may be the best anywhere.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:51 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,414,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
The GREAT WALL In that triangle of land on Charleston and Rancho. GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICE very reasonable.....in the same parking lot as the Omelet House [which is also very underrated]
That place is still there? I know it used to be one of the best Chinese restaurants in town, but back then we didn't have very many. I haven't been there in years though. I wonder if it's the same owners. That whole center had nothing but restaurants. There was a good German restaurant in the corner too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: