Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:47 AM

232 posts, read 496,298 times

Advertisements

I've come up with three new options. If you haven't read the previous forum read it here...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...good-idea.html

OPTION 1
•Merge/annex all surrounding communities incorporated and unincorporated
-Creating one Las Vegas with districts, 468.6 sq. m. and population of over 2 million.
•Would encourage new suburban developement beyond Spring Valley, Enterprise, Henderson etc

OPTION 2
•Annex as many unincorporated communities as possible
•One Las Vegas with districts and two inner suburbs (Henderson, N. Las Vegas)

OPTION 3
•Las Vegas would annex certain parts of all or most communities (I.e NE section of Spring Valley, or The Strip part of Paradise)
-Las Vegas would relinquish NW section of city proper (part of city parallel to N Las Vegas
•Las Vegas would be surrounded by suburbs
-Would encourage high-rise development in the city proper & create a CBD in Las Vegas

Comments? Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
yep this has been beat to death.....[wish I had the horse beating thingie]

Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
yep this has been beat to death.....[wish I had the horse beating thingie]
Again as Dyn points out the largest plurailty lives in the County and has no desire to merge into the City. My neighborhood for instance is surrounded by the City of Las Vegas but will never merge with it.

If something was to be done I would think you simply dissolve the cities. I would think very strong resistance in Henderson at least.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:35 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frischee112 View Post
I've come up with three new options. If you haven't read the previous forum read it here...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...good-idea.html

OPTION 1
•Merge/annex all surrounding communities incorporated and unincorporated
-Creating one Las Vegas with districts, 468.6 sq. m. and population of over 2 million.
•Would encourage new suburban developement beyond Spring Valley, Enterprise, Henderson etc

OPTION 2
•Annex as many unincorporated communities as possible
•One Las Vegas with districts and two inner suburbs (Henderson, N. Las Vegas)

OPTION 3
•Las Vegas would annex certain parts of all or most communities (I.e NE section of Spring Valley, or The Strip part of Paradise)
-Las Vegas would relinquish NW section of city proper (part of city parallel to N Las Vegas
•Las Vegas would be surrounded by suburbs
-Would encourage high-rise development in the city proper & create a CBD in Las Vegas

Comments? Ideas?
This guy/gal just ain't happy with the way things are there!

OPTION 4
•Leave all enough alone.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:52 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
I think frisbee just likes to stir the pot.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 PM

The city is so unorganized. Why residents are content is beyond me.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
The city is so unorganized. Why residents are content is beyond me.
Actually you seem to be pushing that it is over-organized. That it should be simplified to a single entity.

How did you reach the conclusion that the residents are content? Which poll was that?

In my view problems reside much more with the state of Nevada than with Clark County.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:17 PM

So you think that southern Nevada should have more independence? But for the county or the city?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
So you think that southern Nevada should have more independence? But for the county or the city?
No. As I have repeatedly pointed out much of the way in which Clark County works is embedded in the Nevada Constitution.

So the residents of Clark County have two choices...they can spend years and years trying to rewrite the Nevada Constitution or then can simply take over the State and run it for the benefit of southern Nevada.

Academically the most interesting thing might be for the Clark County legislators to call a constitutional convention and rewrite the whole thing.

That however needs two/thirds vote in both houses and then approval by a majority of the state electorate. So you would have to get pretty much the whole Clark County delegation to stick together. Unlikely any time soon.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Well you need to have goals for that to happen. What exactly do you want to accomplish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas