Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 AM

270 posts, read 536,790 times

Advertisements

So we've settled on a rental in the Lone Mountain area, specifically W. Alexander Road just off Cliff Shadows Parkway. It's a drive of one exit on 215 to my job and seems relatively quiet. We hope it will be a nice area in which to live. We can always move after the year's lease is up if it isn't what we hope. I'd love to hear from anyone on the forum who lives or has lived in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 03:07 AM

848 posts, read 1,729,045 times
Lots of parks in the area and if you like to ride the bike on a paved pathway, there is a trail a good length of the 215 Beltway called the Western Beltway Trail. Best to do during Spring and Fall doable as well during the Summer but only during the very early hours of Summer.

At the end of Cheyenne Ave by the 215 Beltway is an Equestrian Park, my friend and I like to hike all the way up the hill for a beautiful view of the communities nearby and beyond. Enjoy your new neighborhood.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Lots of parks in the area and if you like to ride the bike on a paved pathway, there is a trail a good length of the 215 Beltway called the Western Beltway Trail. Best to do during Spring and Fall doable as well during the Summer but only during the very early hours of Summer.

At the end of Cheyenne Ave by the 215 Beltway is an Equestrian Park, my friend and I like to hike all the way up the hill for a beautiful view of the communities nearby and beyond. Enjoy your new neighborhood.

We are indeed hikers, a big part of our reason for getting out of the most densely populated state in the country (New Jersey). Thanks for the tips.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,502,163 times
I'm in that area, you won't have any worries there. You've got a very convenient Wal-Mart Neighborhood Mart right at 215/Cheyenne, Timbers and Edge of Town Bar & Grill, Subway, dry cleaners, chinese food, Starbucks...lots of stores on both sides of the Beltway.

2 miles south on the Beltway is Summerlin Parkway and Summerlin and all it's conveniences/amenities.

2 miles East on Cheyenne is Desert Shores and an Albertsons shopping plaza and other stores.

4-5 miles North on the Beltway brings you to Montecito Town Center (Centennial Hills) with Wally World Supercenter and more shopping/dining than you can shake a stick at

Nice area, some nice parks nearby and the mighty Spring Mountains, real close up and personal as your back drop.

Good luck, have fun!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I'm in that area, you won't have any worries there. You've got a very convenient Wal-Mart Neighborhood Mart right at 215/Cheyenne, Timbers and Edge of Town Bar & Grill, Subway, dry cleaners, chinese food, Starbucks...lots of stores on both sides of the Beltway.

2 miles south on the Beltway is Summerlin Parkway and Summerlin and all it's conveniences/amenities.

2 miles East on Cheyenne is Desert Shores and an Albertsons shopping plaza and other stores.

4-5 miles North on the Beltway brings you to Montecito Town Center (Centennial Hills) with Wally World Supercenter and more shopping/dining than you can shake a stick at

Nice area, some nice parks nearby and the mighty Spring Mountains, real close up and personal as your back drop.

Good luck, have fun!
Very, very helpful tips----and thank you! Looking forward to scouting out these places and getting to know the new neighborhood.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,315,094 times
MomMom lives there by the Lone Mountain. Buzz and I live down Alexander a ways Just past Durango.

Are you on the east or west side of 215?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
MomMom lives there by the Lone Mountain. Buzz and I live down Alexander a ways Just past Durango.

Are you on the east or west side of 215?
So glad to hear I've got awesome neighbors! We will be just west of 215. Our rental is in Tierra Bella. A rather small development (95 total units I believe).

Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post

Found these trails...thanks for tip. The views are awesome.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:37 AM

238 posts, read 550,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecnj View Post
We are indeed hikers, a big part of our reason for getting out of the most densely populated state in the country (New Jersey). Thanks for the tips.
I'm also from NJ (Morris County). Where did you live? I really like the Lone Mountain area. Almost bought a house there before deciding on Aliante.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas