Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,252,146 times

Advertisements

Clark County et al is about to hold their auction...

8**********************************************

Preview, Pre-Registration Start Wednesday for Saturday’s Government Surplus Auction

Clark County and several public agencies will hold a government surplus auction on Saturday, May 21, at 9 a.m. at the County storage lot at 4320 Stephanie St., off Flamingo Road near Dog Fancier’s Park.

Anyone interested in bidding on items for sale is urged to pre-register as a participant during the preview period from Wednesday, May 18 through Friday, May 20, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A registration office is set up on site. You need to present a valid ID to register as a bidder and receive a bid number.

Saturday’s sale features about 200 vehicles and 400 lots of miscellaneous property ranging from hospital beds and lawn equipment to cameras, computers and Ipods. In addition to Clark County, participants include the local cities, state of Nevada, UNLV, Las Vegas Convention Center, Clark County School District, Las Vegas Valley Water District, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, St. George, and Washington County, Utah. Larger items for sale can be viewed on site during the pre-registration period. The contractor for the sale, TNT Auction, also has posted a catalog of vehicles and equipment for sale on its website at TNT Auction.

“The auctions tend to attract very large crowds, and feature items used or acquired by government agencies,” said David Johnson, manager of the County’s Automotive Division, which helps organize the auctions. “If you don’t pre-register, you may miss the start of the auction because registration lines can be long on the day of the sale.”

Two sales are conducted simultaneously on auction day. One sale features vehicles and equipment with live biding occurring on site as well as online. The other sale is for merchandise displayed on site. For more information, visit TNT Auction’s website.

Clark County hosts three government surplus auctions each year. The next auction will be held on Saturday, Nov. 19.

###

Clark County is a dynamic and innovative organization dedicated to providing top-quality service with integrity, respect and accountability. With jurisdiction over the world-famous Las Vegas Strip and covering an area the size of New Jersey, Clark is the nation’s 14th-largest county and provides extensive regional services to more than 2 million citizens and 40 million visitors a year. Included are the nation’s 7th-busiest airport, air quality compliance, social services and the state’s largest public hospital, University Medical Center. The county also provides municipal services that are traditionally provided by cities to almost 900,000 residents in the unincorporated area. Those include fire protection, roads and other public works, parks and recreation, and planning and development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,398,075 times
Can I get a live-in maid?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,318,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Can I get a Titan missle silo?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,841,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Yes, but she comes with a 13 year old boy.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:28 PM

322 posts, read 711,189 times
Wondering where some of the stuff has come from. Such as 'bag of jewelry" and iPods, Kindles, etc.

Stolen or confiscated stuff in their store rooms???

Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,077,641 times
Interesting! I am going to ask for a day off in November so I can go.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 PM

40 posts, read 109,284 times
Same, thanks for the post. Sounds like a well spent Saturday!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,575,625 times
Reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer bought the convict's car at a govt. auction and he hunted him down to get it back.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:35 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,036,241 times
Remember if you buy an Apple product, the original owner (who it was stolen from) can lock the device up remotely. You may think you got a great deal until you get home. Applies to iPads and iPhones especially

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,252,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Remember if you buy an Apple product, the original owner (who it was stolen from) can lock the device up remotely. You may think you got a great deal until you get home. Applies to iPads and iPhones especially
Interesting. I wonder if you have clear title or does the auction provide a disclaimer. I am sure they sell all this stuff "caveat emptor". But I would think you do have clear title. So you should be able to force Apple or an owner to turn it on. Then again a court case to turn on a $50 purchase?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas