Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:40 AM

38 posts, read 98,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalamam311 View Post
Ok so JUST AS A ZIP CODE REFERENCE I used Las Vegas foreclosure connection. Here are the zip codes u Should definitely consider. 89149 89129 89134 89138 89128 89130

Thanks alot for those zip codes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,437,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhpflyn View Post
I know Lake Mead is obviously big around there, but are there any other lakes around?
There is a nice big fountain at Bellagio hotel

Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
I am a pilot. As far as affordable I mean we are looking for something around 200-300. I have been looking on zillow and there seems to be alot of homes in that price range. We are hoping to get up that way in a couple weeks to look around, so just trying to narrow down areas to look before we go.

I know Lake Mead is obviously big around there, but are there any other lakes around?

Thanks again for everyone's help
The lower Colorado as well. Lake Mojave. There really is very little water other than the Colorado river and its parts in southern Nevada.

Note that you are less than 5 hours from excellent ocean ports in southern California. We kept a boat in Long Beach for some years...worked well.

The other two standard Summerlin zip codes are 89144 and 89135. The similar areas in Henderson are 89012 and 89052.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Sounds great. I would also love to go to Donner Lake. I am sure it's a pretty good drive but alot closer than being in Houston. I remember going therre as a kid. We would go there every summer.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:22 PM

149 posts, read 262,473 times
Lake Mead is pretty much it. Lake Las Vegas but Mead is more popular recreationally. A lot of pilots live in 95/Durango area. Creech or civilian?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
Sounds great. I would also love to go to Donner Lake. I am sure it's a pretty good drive but alot closer than being in Houston. I remember going therre as a kid. We would go there every summer.
You have to go past Lake Tahoe to get to Donner...and that is a lot more lake. Both are further than the Pacific ports.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:40 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,480,013 times
You also have the world's second largest Colrado River man-made lake on the Arizona-Utah border...Lake Powell

About a 250+/- mile drive from here in town to the beginning of the waterways there, we once rented a houseboat on Lake Powell and it was just simply divine. Similiar to Lake Mead, but with a bit more dramatic rock formations. Plenty of other natural parks in that area as well, the week or so we spent there that year, I believe we also did the Grand Canyon on that trip.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM

Thanks alot for all the information I really appreciate it. Kind of a dumb question but do many of you actually go out to the strip often? I figure after a while it's the same old thing. We used to live in Orlando and went to the theme parks but after a little while only went when visitors came to town. I will say they did give you great resident discounts.

Also what is an actual drive time with traffic from Summerlin to the Airport?

Thanks again !!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,480,013 times
Quote:
Thanks alot for all the information I really appreciate it. Kind of a dumb question but do many of you actually go out to the strip often? I figure after a while it's the same old thing. We used to live in Orlando and went to the theme parks but after a little while only went when visitors came to town. I will say they did give you great resident discounts.

Also what is an actual drive time with traffic from Summerlin to the Airport?

Thanks again !!
Most people I know go to the Strip often. Honestly, that's why a lot of folks move here to Las Vegas, lol. I'm there enjoying at least once a week.

Summerlin to the airport, with normal traffic (no construction or accidents) about a 20 - 25 minute+/- (depending upon where in Summerlin) trip via the 215 Beltway.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Do you get any good resident deals at the hotels or shows? Also what is a normal power bill in Vegas? I assume not much more if not the same as the Houston area. I have a 1800sqft house and it cost about $140,00 - $150.00 a month.

Anyone care to say what the best grocery store is in the summerlin area? We actually have a few nice ones in this area. Doesnt really matter I was just more curious. I assume Costco is near also?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas