Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM

848 posts, read 1,726,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Isn't the problem that those trees are Salt Cedars which don't belong there, and they screw up the ecology by drinking up all the water and killing off the natural plant life? Is that what you mean by creating a monoculture?

Saltcedar -- Identification and Control

I don't think he was referring to the Tamarisks. Tamarisks should be eradicated here, not native to Las Vegas and its sucks up a lot of water.
There are other trees at the Wetlands Park but since part of the trail was closed for the construction of the Visitor center, not really certain which trees were taken down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,409,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
JFK and BMW were talking about Jack in the Box... Buzzy. In particular, the deep fried tacos they have.
Oh. Sorry. My AAADD kicked in again. Never tried them. JIB does try different things all the time though, but they don't always stick with whatever it is. Wouldn't a deep fried taco be a ...oh, let me see ...a Chimichanga?

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM

I guess the question this thread is asking is what do we have that people don't expect to see. And I guess a wetlands park in the desert is kinda weird. But then we also have the largest man made reservoir in the western hemisphere too, with Lake Mead.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 PM

80 posts, read 151,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compufixer View Post
My votes:

- Springs Preserve
- Sunset Park
- Clark County Museum in Henderson
- Old Mormon Fort

I would have added the Wetlands Park at the east end of Tropicana, but the last time I went there recently, a ton of the trees had been cut down as well as a lot of the very tall grass. Stumps were everywhere. The "nature's hallway" feeling of the pathways and trails had been mostly destroyed. It was pretty tragic. I am not going back to that place anytime soon. :-/

I don't know why the old mormon fort would be a surprise if anyone knows anything about mormon history.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,489,663 times
Default Two Festivals/Same Weekend

The Celtic Gathering is at Floyd Lamb State Park and the Aloha Festival is at the Silverton, for locals and tourists alike.

Weekend of April 14 to 17

Las Vegas Celtic Society - Home

Vizzun Entertainment...

More than just the Strip!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,812,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
The Celtic Gathering is at Floyd Lamb State Park and the Aloha Festival is at the Silverton, for locals and tourists alike.

Weekend of April 14 to 17

Las Vegas Celtic Society - Home

Vizzun Entertainment...

More than just the Strip!

I went to that Celtic Fest last year. That was pretty interesting. Bagpipes and such.

One thing people forgot to mention though was the glaringly obvious.

Most people don't expect to see perfectly ordinary people in las Vegas.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirlok View Post
I don't know why the old Mormon fort would be a surprise if anyone knows anything about Mormon history.
Maybe not, but how many tourists know anything about Mormon history?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I went to that Celtic Fest last year. That was pretty interesting. Bagpipes and such.

One thing people forgot to mention though was the glaringly obvious.

Most people don't expect to see perfectly ordinary people in las Vegas.
Where do you find those?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,877,179 times
A library.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 AM

228 posts, read 719,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
A library.
I don't think most people know that exists in there own neighborhood, let alone a vacation trip to Las Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas