Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
You think there is a desire to get at least moderate inflation going? Who exactly has this desire?You refer to the Fed trying to drive up inflation - how are they trying? What would the Fed do with interest rates as they try to drive up inflation? Here's a hint - they wouldn't raise rates.
That again is what I said.

What the Fed is doing is creating dollars out of thin air. And in the end that is inflationary. An inflationary trend will generally yield higher interest rates. And the fed may very well impose higher rates if it believes it is getting too much inflation. But that would indicate a very different economy than what we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,451,833 times
Let me see if I'm following you-

Here, you think an interest rate increase is very likely over the "next months".
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I don't see any big spike in prices in the immediate future but I would think an interest rate rise is very likely over the next months as the Fed tries to drive up inflation.
And here, you think an interest rate increase would require a very different economy than what we have.
Quote:
And the fed may very well impose higher rates if it believes it is getting too much inflation. But that would indicate a very different economy than what we have.
So, by extrapolation you're suggesting that we will have a very different economy over the "next months".

How many is "next months"? 3? 12? 60? Am I getting close?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Let me see if I'm following you-

Here, you think an interest rate increase is very likely over the "next months".
And here, you think an interest rate increase would require a very different economy than what we have.
So, by extrapolation you're suggesting that we will have a very different economy over the "next months".

How many is "next months"? 3? 12? 60? Am I getting close?
More than 2 less than 100

Read it again. This time for content. It is quite consistent. You just don't deal well with language. Perhaps English is your second language?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
More than 2 less than 100

Read it again. This time for content. It is quite consistent. You just don't deal well with language. Perhaps English is your second language?
Yes, quite consistent - the consistency of manure, like most of your declarations.

Rates are likely to go up!

It will take a very different economy than what we have for rates to go up!

Where'd I put my bottle?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, quite consistent - the consistency of manure, like most of your declarations.

Rates are likely to go up!

It will take a very different economy than what we have for rates to go up!

Where'd I put my bottle?
As I said...it was written in English...not your thing...

Ohhh and rates are certain to go up...

Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
As I said...it was written in English...not your thing...

Ohhh and rates are certain to go up...
Yes, but I heard from a very good source that it will require a very different economy than what we have. Which is likely to occur in more than 2 months, but less than 100 months.

Now, where's that bottle?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I heard from a very good source that it will require a very different economy than what we have. Which is likely to occur in more than 2 months, but less than 100 months.

Now, where's that bottle?
English is a confusing language. Too bad you have not learned to deal with it.

I will admit your gibberish has a certain air to it. Putrification?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
English is a confusing language.
Only when spoken by confused people. You reign supreme in that regard.

Maybe it's time to leave the interest rate discussions for others and concentrate on getting another listing? Or maybe closing your condo short sale in advance of its two year anniversary?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Only when spoken by confused people. You reign supreme in that regard.

Maybe it's time to leave the interest rate discussions for others and concentrate on getting another listing? Or maybe closing your condo short sale in advance of its two year anniversary?
Well I am glad you asked. The condo will likely close shortly. Buyer has been in place over a year. Seller is US military and does not need a foreclosure on his credit report. And it may well fly...both borrowers are happy and have agreed. Now if we can get the last lien from the G## D##### HOA to cooperate we may actually close it.

I may buy a bottle of Champagne on this one. That will consume the entire commission. But every once in a while you actually do the really hard...and this was one of those.

But this is not your thing Tony. Never was any money in it. Just get a serviceman out of a tight spot because a mutual friend requested it. I know you would never do such a thing.

I will publish a message or thread when it closes...

Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Well I am glad you asked. The condo will likely close shortly. Buyer has been in place over a year. Seller is US military and does not need a foreclosure on his credit report. And it may well fly...both borrowers are happy and have agreed. Now if we can get the last lien from the G## D##### HOA to cooperate we may actually close it.

I may buy a bottle of Champagne on this one. That will consume the entire commission. But every once in a while you actually do the really hard...and this was one of those.

But this is not your thing Tony. Never was any money in it. Just get a serviceman out of a tight spot because a mutual friend requested it. I know you would never do such a thing.
Your generosity knows no bounds.
Quote:
I will publish a message or thread when it closes...
I'm sure I speak for the entire forum when I tell you we're all atingle with anticipation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas