Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,037,726 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to add to the people criticizing your initial decision to buy the house; I just want to offer my condolences for the situation in which you find yourself.

In answer to the question in your OP, I would have to agree with Robustus that your best option would be to try to find a trustworthy renter and then move to an apartment or condo. Alternatively, work with an agent to determine approximately how much it would cost you to sell at this point in time, taking into consideration the money you've already expended, any drop in selling price, and associated closing costs. Upon arriving at a figure, sit down with your husband and determine whether a change in lifestyle is worth that cost.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,520,680 times
Bad time to sell...good time for a housecleaning service.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:31 PM

508 posts, read 1,022,938 times
I am not hiring a housecleaning service if i hate my house. that hardly seems like a reasonably solution to the fact that i will not live here if i dont like it.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:34 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,059,919 times
I also add my condolences. It just sucks to work so hard and then find you made a huge mistake. I own that t-shirt too.

If you want to change that bad, you are going to take a big loss. That's just all there is to it. If you can accept the loss, put the house on the market and see what happens. After all, you don't have to sell quick, you just WANT to sell.

In the meanwhile, I would mitigate the constant cleaning by closing off the extra bedrooms and bathrooms. Use the common areas, 1 bedroom and 1 bath. Then you could just go over those closed areas quickly once a week or so.

Be sure condo life is really what you want. Don't make a second mistake because you are in a hurry to get out of your first mistake! Living in a condo is living in an apartment. Did you enjoy that lifestyle in the past? Can you cope with the lack of privacy and noise? Partying neighbors? Urban life? And you will still be in the desert and condo's get dust too. Will you have enough room for the things you cherish and general living?

I know you are unhappy where you are. Take your time and figure out what's best for you. I know that every time I do a 180, it's about 90 degrees too far! But maybe that's just me.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I also add my condolences. It just sucks to work so hard and then find you made a huge mistake. I own that t-shirt too.

If you want to change that bad, you are going to take a big loss. That's just all there is to it. If you can accept the loss, put the house on the market and see what happens. After all, you don't have to sell quick, you just WANT to sell.

In the meanwhile, I would mitigate the constant cleaning by closing off the extra bedrooms and bathrooms. Use the common areas, 1 bedroom and 1 bath. Then you could just go over those closed areas quickly once a week or so.

Be sure condo life is really what you want. Don't make a second mistake because you are in a hurry to get out of your first mistake! Living in a condo is living in an apartment. Did you enjoy that lifestyle in the past? Can you cope with the lack of privacy and noise? Partying neighbors? Urban life? And you will still be in the desert and condo's get dust too. Will you have enough room for the things you cherish and general living?

I know you are unhappy where you are. Take your time and figure out what's best for you. I know that every time I do a 180, it's about 90 degrees too far! But maybe that's just me.
Thank you. Well, it is sort of a long story. I always wanted a condo. This is my first time ever living in a house and really i do hate it. I liked living in an apartment it doesnt bother me at all. and i want to be close enough to everything i just just walk down the road to party and dont have to drive. right now i am like 20+ miles from life. i feel like i am drowning in a sea of family types and kids. i hate being in the yard pulling weeds the only thing i do like is all the lights of the city. its beautiful but that i can see from in the city. that and my kitchen. but that i can also recreate anywhere.

plus it would be nice. i have dreams of cooking dinner and sitting on my balcony and looking at all the lights and listening to all the people walking and screaming up and down the street even on nights in... it would feel like i am in the thick of the action and not alone all the time.

plus i cant sleep with all the quiet its driving me crazy.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:52 PM

787 posts, read 1,777,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
I scrub my floors everyday till they are shiny and it takes me hours to santizie the bathrooms everyday. polish everything until it shines. sweeping and dusting. i think i spend average of 5 to 6 hours per day cleaning the house.
If this is seriously influencing your state of mind, STOP IT! Cleaning 5 to 6 hours per day (unless you enjoy it for some reason) is far too much, regardless of how big or nice your house is. If you actually are clinically OCD, then this aspect of the discussion is not relevant since it won't be remedied by a different living scenario.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
If this is seriously influencing your state of mind, STOP IT! Cleaning 5 to 6 hours per day (unless you enjoy it for some reason) is far too much, regardless of how big or nice your house is. If you actually are clinically OCD, then this aspect of the discussion is not relevant since it won't be remedied by a different living scenario.
Sigh ~ i dont understand why some people are so against switching a house for a condo....

there are 1 million reasons to do cleaning is just one large reason. i have had maid services come and it takes 2 people 4.5 hours to do a through cleaning. and i still clean everyday.

If i had a 1 bedroom condo it would be more like 2 hours instead of 5 to clean that is a huge difference.

but as i have mentioned in the other posts i want to move because:
1. takes too long to clean
2. too many family's in my neighborhood
3. too quiet where i live
4. too many kids riding bikes
5. tired of being too far from the action
6. can walk to places i like to go.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 PM

687 posts, read 1,946,869 times
Sounds like you might enjoy one of the loft condos in "The District". Right next to GVR and plenty of shops, restaurants, etc. Additionally, traffic wouldn't be nearly as bad as the strip and things should quiet down late evening. Don't worry too much about the money lost in the transaction as long as you can afford it. Do what it takes to be happy. Good luck.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Sounds like you might enjoy one of the loft condos in "The District". Right next to GVR and plenty of shops, restaurants, etc. Additionally, traffic wouldn't be nearly as bad as the strip and things should quiet down late evening. Don't worry too much about the money lost in the transaction as long as you can afford it. Do what it takes to be happy. Good luck.
but i like the noise i cant stand quiet. and i want to be in the strip district. thats where i usually am so why live over 20 miles away?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:14 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,037,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Sounds like you might enjoy one of the loft condos in "The District".
Except they are incrediby overpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas