Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 AM

236 posts, read 627,991 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I have a couple friends coming to visit from Toronto and when I asked them what's the first thing you wanna do when you get here? They all replied "shoot guns at the Gun Store" (LOL,We don't have guns in Canada)

Has anyone been to the Gun Store to rent / shoot guns? How was the experience? And, are there steps involved (taking a class first) or do you just show up, pay and fire away??

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,809,359 times
They make you buy their over priced ammo. That is the catch. They want to shoot the Machine gun I am guessing.

I am so glad that ten years in the Army cured me of any desire to want to shoot guns :P

Not trying to sound rude but, have you ever thought of calling them?

They are nice people.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
I was picking up a holster there once and I was talking to the cashier about the machine gun rentals. She said, "It's like printing money." I don't doubt it.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
I used to work right next door to the Gun Store, and they'd get throngs of tourists in there. They'd hand out coupons that got you a free 20-round clip of ammo in the machine gun- but they're like Lays potato chips- you can't shoot just one....lol. They made a killing on the ammo sales. For some reason, it was really big with orientals- they'd show up by the busload.

There's no safety class required- they'll take a few minutes to show you how the gun works, and then off you go to spend a hundred bucks on ammo......

Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Hey all,

I have a couple friends coming to visit from Toronto and when I asked them what's the first thing you wanna do when you get here? They all replied "shoot guns at the Gun Store" (LOL,We don't have guns in Canada)

Has anyone been to the Gun Store to rent / shoot guns? How was the experience? And, are there steps involved (taking a class first) or do you just show up, pay and fire away??

Thanks!
YIKES....how do you shoot polar bears n such?????????

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM

42 posts, read 79,440 times
I went there a few years ago when I was visiting Vegas - spent FAR too much money. You really do get carried away.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 PM

236 posts, read 627,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
YIKES....how do you shoot polar bears n such?????????
HA!!! We get them drunk on Canadian beer

OK Serious though...the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and city cops have guns. Plus, one or two trickle over the border here and there. But, as a whole, it's not a common thing to ever see or even know someone with a gun.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,518 times
We walked in about 3 PM on a weekday afternoon during the summer. There were at least 25 people waiting on line. The girl said you should get there real early to avoid the lines. Also, if money is not a problem, they offer VIP packages that get you past the lines and a little more privacy. We could see the shooting stalls and they were literally squeezed in one next to the other.
Decided to pass. Since we live in NYC we figured we could just take a walk if we wanted some shooting action !

Old 02-10-2011, 08:15 PM

151 posts, read 700,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
We walked in about 3 PM on a weekday afternoon during the summer. There were at least 25 people waiting on line. The girl said you should get there real early to avoid the lines. Also, if money is not a problem, they offer VIP packages that get you past the lines and a little more privacy. We could see the shooting stalls and they were literally squeezed in one next to the other.
Decided to pass. Since we live in NYC we figured we could just take a walk if we wanted some shooting action !
imagine how much the owner makes

Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
HA!!! We get them drunk on Canadian beer

OK Serious though...the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and city cops have guns. Plus, one or two trickle over the border here and there. But, as a whole, it's not a common thing to ever see or even know someone with a gun.
You are in the wrong part of Canada...

They are reasonably common in the west out on the farms. SIL used to sit up nights with her shotgun looking for the owl that was getting the barn cats...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas