Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,174,474 times

Advertisements

And I'm sure this one would make money hand over fist!!! But I don't have the capital to start it.

Even if you like Cox, Direct/TV, Dish, whatever, the bills are too high. I think we need a service company that will come to your house with a signal strength monitor and tell you what channels you can get for free over the air and what type of antenna/mounting you need. Maybe do this for say, $50. Then if you want the antenna, they could install it and hook it all up. The price would vary depending on what sort of setup you need.

Also, the next option would be setting up internet TV. Selling the equipment, setting it all up, etc.

I think lots of people would be willing to pay for this since it's not a monthly bill. You just pay to set it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,362,856 times
How much start up capital do you think would be necessary?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,751,109 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuXTWlFSBc

Old 11-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
How much start up capital do you think would be necessary?
More than I have......

I think a lot of the original start up money would have to go to advertising of one kind or another. It would sell....you would just have to get the word out.

I would do the Ben and Jerry's thing with the employees and offer to share the wealth because they would have to start for low wages. Everyone would know what pays what and I would pay a commission per sale.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM

399 posts, read 1,030,827 times
I doubt that narrow of a service could be a successful business by itself. Maybe a side job for a satellite dish installer or handyman.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 PM

351 posts, read 840,337 times
Make the house call free & if the customer wants it after you demo it have them pay you then. That's a way to get started small without much capital.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
I doubt that narrow of a service could be a successful business by itself. Maybe a side job for a satellite dish installer or handyman.
I don't think so. How many people do you know who would like to ditch Cox....or whomever. Make a list.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,513,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
And I'm sure this one would make money hand over fist!!! But I don't have the capital to start it.

Even if you like Cox, Direct/TV, Dish, whatever, the bills are too high. I think we need a service company that will come to your house with a signal strength monitor and tell you what channels you can get for free over the air and what type of antenna/mounting you need. Maybe do this for say, $50. Then if you want the antenna, they could install it and hook it all up. The price would vary depending on what sort of setup you need.

Also, the next option would be setting up internet TV. Selling the equipment, setting it all up, etc.

I think lots of people would be willing to pay for this since it's not a monthly bill. You just pay to set it up.
When I worked in TV, our engineers would do that for you for free. Only thing is, there's almost no need for it.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:20 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,142,281 times
how many people do you know that would ditch Cox, Directv, and DishNetwork? I doubt you would find alot that would go just to over the air tv.. i certainly wouldn't

Old 02-23-2011, 03:20 PM

28 posts, read 59,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post

There are many people in need of people to help around the house with various handyman and yardwork items. Stringing a number of things together from general yardwork to satellite installation to handyman business could keep someone very busy. Do a great job and people will keep calling you back with more work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: