Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
really? those people are the one's that are renting the homes that the investors are buying.... the people that are now renting have more disposable income since the rent is less than what they were paying in mortgage...

Not everyone left pommy... You really need to stick to your own city's forum which you live in.. You may visit often, but you don't know what's really going on..
I will post where I choose Airics. I follow the news and I know that the economy in our country is in bad shape. One doesn't have to live in Vegas to know that. I never said one thing about people leaving Vegas. I was referring to people all over the country. You really need to remove that stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I follow the news and I know that the economy in our country is in bad shape.
theres part of the problem right there!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,906 times
My buddy was here last week and stayed at Excalibur from Sun-Thurs, got a rental car and round-trip airfare from BWI all for $620. He said if he brought one more person it would have been only $200 more.

When you see this, it's a no-brainer why people are coming. They may not have a lot of cash to spend on trinkets but they are still coming.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:09 AM

203 posts, read 545,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
No, but that doesn't necessarily mean that no one had openings. As an example, my wife and I were in a Hallmark store near our house staffed by several ladies and my wife commented to one of them that they all seemed very nice and that the store was serene and that it must be nice working there. The woman then mentioned that they needed part-time help and asked my wife if she wanted an application. So bottom line, you probably need to go in to various stores and ask if they're hiring rather than looking for help wanted signs.
Well 14 percent unemployment does not register with you ha? come on man pull your head out the sand your probably a government employee our welfare recipient use to spending other people money .

Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 AM

203 posts, read 545,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
theres part of the problem right there!
Stop being so negative this is suppose to be a positive forum not bitter people spouting their mouth off please be civil.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,024,203 times
XFILESMULDER at 5:09 this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
come on man pull your head out the sand your probably a government employee our welfare recipient use to spending other people money .
XFILESMULDER four minutes later:

Quote:
Stop being so negative this is suppose to be a positive forum not bitter people spouting their mouth off please be civil.
LOL

Ironic, huh?

Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I will post where I choose Airics. I follow the news and I know that the economy in our country is in bad shape. One doesn't have to live in Vegas to know that. I never said one thing about people leaving Vegas. I was referring to people all over the country. You really need to remove that stick.

Good for you. The whole point of these forums to get varying inputs from people of different backgrounds.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:49 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
Good for you. The whole point of these forums to get varying inputs from people of different backgrounds.
True, but when one knows nothing about a subject, they should not be the "know it all"

Old 08-23-2010, 01:30 PM

422 posts, read 1,085,096 times
Quote:
Practice what you preach

Old 08-23-2010, 01:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
XFILESMULDER at 5:09 this morning:

XFILESMULDER four minutes later:

LOL

Ironic, huh?
Just ignore him MM, he has nothing positive to say. Not that any of it is true anyway, he just comes up here on occasion and has to throw his tantrum.

The real residents know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: