Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,685,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
There are some nice homes on Frenchman's Mtn. but very few, and all surrounded by really rotten neighborhoods.

Now tell me, where are these nice restaurants near Carey & LV Blvd? I worked at LV Blvd and Van Der Meer, and on Foremaster Lane. The only places to eat in that area were on Lake Mead near Civic Center/Eastern Ave, and even then they were only tolerable for a quick lunch. The whole area has gotten much worse since I lived/worked around there.
well, the nicest area on that part of town in my opinion is off of Hollywood and Sahara in the Orchards, since to the south is much tolerable...

There's some good mariscos places and Roberto's is good, even though I think you said in another post that you didn't like it...CiCi's is apparently good and opening down the street, I don't know the names of all the restaurants that we have eaten at.

Last edited by lvkewlkid; 06-26-2007 at 02:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
You know a good place to live as seen through the eyes of a kid is a totally different place altogether as seen from an adult's eyes that has life experience, meaning someone that's been around for quite awhile as an adult.
I would never live or work in many of the area's that lvkewlkid mentions. No offense kid, but you haven't gained alot of wisdom yet in what an adult looks for in a safe place to live.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
There is nothing wrong with Hollywood and the side of Sunrise Mountain. There is a large area of very nice half acres up that way. You pass through some less desirable areas to get there...but it is very nice with some of the best Las Vegas views in existence.

It just does not seem like a sensible place for a person teaching at Carey and Fifth to live.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 AM

818 posts, read 3,698,026 times
Quote:
You know a good place to live as seen through the eyes of a kid is a totally different place altogether as seen from an adult's eyes that has life experience, meaning someone that's been around for quite awhile as an adult.
I would never live or work in many of the area's that lvkewlkid mentions. No offense kid, but you haven't gained alot of wisdom yet in what an adult looks for in a safe place to live.
Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe as you get older you lose the ability to tolerate anything other than what you have come to know and expect.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 15,900 times
From looking at the scores and stats for the school, that is what I thought I was going to hear from the LV natives. I have not committed to that particular building, so I can go elsewhere. I am not afraid of the challenge of working with kids that only experience stability at school. However, I do not want to be afraid to go to work everyday or worse stay late and walk to my car alone. Any suggestions on areas that are more desirable to work in? As far as places to live I am looking at the places managed by Ovation Welcome to Ovation Property Management. Which would you say is in the most desirable area?

Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Amalfi, Tesora, and Viviani look to be in good, convenient areas, but its difficult to commute from them to where you are working...I do know a lot of teachers that live at the Pacific Harbors Sunrise...I think you should look at Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters and compare them all.

The closest to where you are working are Acapella (which has been just built, but no reviews) and Pacific Harbors Sunrise, which has some ok reviews from that site, but many of them are old, so the complex could have changed in awhile...

i would just be wary of most complexes, since most in Vegas are either run-down or just plain awful in crime, there's very few that are real great...but the ones by Ovation do seem to be good...

Last edited by lvkewlkid; 06-26-2007 at 06:15 PM..

Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe as you get older you lose the ability to tolerate anything other than what you have come to know and expect.
Maybe, and maybe not.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
You got that right. I'd rather see things the way the kid does. I'm sure he feels better than I do too. He is a he isn't he/she?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 AM

yeh, i'm a guy

Old 06-28-2007, 01:09 AM

I figured out long ago he was a guy. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas