Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 11:35 AM

8 posts, read 36,211 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My husband and I will be moving to Vegas next week. I have a lot of family in the area. I have heard all of the discussion about the jobs. I was offered two different positions with 2 different companies within 1 month of starting to look over there. Am I just really lucky or are there other reasons for the unemployment rate there? I don't understand why most people on here are so against others moving there. My question is about renting a nice home with dogs. I have no children but my dogs are like my children. I know there is very strict laws about dogs in Clark County and I wanted to hear from anyone who has pets there How is it? Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 11:47 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,505,272 times
How many dogs are we talking about, and what type of dogs? You'll have far better luck finding a landlord who will let you have two small dogs than one who will let you have 4 big dogs, or dogs that are considered "dangerous breeds".

Regarding the jobs, there will always be positions for people in certain fields, and there will always be fields that aren't going to bode as well in a down economy. You're obviously in a high-demand field, or have a unique skillset that employers in Las Vegas still need- consider yourself lucky.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I have 3 boxers. 75lbs,65lbs and 60lbs full grown.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM

14,228 posts, read 30,179,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslady2010 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have 3 boxers. 75lbs,65lbs and 60lbs full grown.
Yikes! You may have a hard time renting.

I have 2 dogs, German Shorthaired Pointers, and the girl is about 50lbs and the male 75lbs. They would love playing with your dogs. I believe males have to be neutered if you don't want to pay for a kennel license.

Watch your dogs in the heat until you know how they react. Mine aren't outside much when the sun is out. Mine also swim and I worried about the pool until I was sure they knew where the stairs were and how to get out. Now they swim almost every time they go out. I miss taking my dogs with me but they stay home until it gets cold outside. Temps in a car go up too fast and it's not safe to take dogs with you when it's warm out.

Beware of loose dogs. Spot, my male was seriously injured last year when a pitbull CLIMBED a 6ft fence to get into our back yard. One of the neighbors tried to help but my gate was locked. I had assumed the dogs were safe behind that locked gate but they weren't. And I have the 1K vet bill to prove it.

Overall, life in Vegas is good for dogs. No fleas or mosquitoes!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:55 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,226,518 times
Quote:
Hello all,

My husband and I will be moving to Vegas next week. I have a lot of family in the area. I have heard all of the discussion about the jobs. I was offered two different positions with 2 different companies within 1 month of starting to look over there. Am I just really lucky or are there other reasons for the unemployment rate there? I don't understand why most people on here are so against others moving there. My question is about renting a nice home with dogs. I have no children but my dogs are like my children. I know there is very strict laws about dogs in Clark County and I wanted to hear from anyone who has pets there How is it? Thanks a lot.
What is your line of work if you dont mind me asking?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
What is your line of work if you dont mind me asking?
They are in 2 totally separate lines of work. First is Social Services (Counseling) the second is in the airline business working for an airline. I have extensive experience in both of these. Thanks for the info on here. All of it is good to know when making a big move.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,226,518 times
Quote:
They are in 2 totally separate lines of work. First is Social Services (Counseling) the second is in the airline business working for an airline. I have extensive experience in both of these. Thanks for the info on here. All of it is good to know when making a big move.
Thats two very diverse careers you got there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: