Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:27 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,916,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Most of it is local congestion by the base. You can't beat it.
Yeah its a huge difference if you can take 215 all of the way to Range Rd and go through that gate or not, I found. Its only open during prime commute hours. I took 215 from Summerlin Parkway all of the way to Lamb this morning, midmorning, just for the point of taking it (we were going back to the base from the Summerlin area) and it was getting off at Lamb and getting down to Craig and then heading East that was the most annoying part. When the Range Rd gate is open, you can avoid that. There is also a way that you can go around when the gate is closed which might be better than the congestion of that area.

I have had to drive 15 to 95 in the mornings and afternoons lately and I think 215 is a more pleasant drive even though the speed limit is lower. I would definitely look at Aliante as an option if we were looking. The only thing I would dislike would be driving into the sun to and from work.

edit: oops I did not read all of the way down. Glad you found something you like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas