Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:42 PM

83 posts, read 180,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent View Post
Your stepsister needs to get her act together before someone is seriously injured or killed! In any event, stay out of her life, you don't need the heartaches or grief!

She doesn't even know we are going this weekend!!! No way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 05:21 PM

125 posts, read 245,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig39 View Post
She doesn't even know we are going this weekend!!! No way!
Please stay out of a situation that is not your concern, otherwise you will go down with the ship!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent View Post
Please stay out of a situation that is not your concern, otherwise you will go down with the ship!
I know, as a matter of fact I told my kids not to mention us going nor moving. Speaking to my son's therapist, she thinks is ideal for us to move but my son has to be doing better. Hopefully by the end of the summer or winter.

I will be visiting Santa Teresa and surrounding areas Sunday the 30th and Monday the 31st. Can't wait....

Old 05-30-2010, 12:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
I would stay as far from El Paso and the border as you can if you have a son that is doing drugs and prone to finding trouble.

It's just WAY to easy for the cartels to recruit here and just because the violent crime rate is pretty low in El Paso, it doesn't mean kids from El Paso don't get caught up with Juarez crimes. They do and it's disasterous, people living in El Paso have been killed in Juarez.

El Paso is fine for good kids who find good peer groups and have a good sense of direction. It's a very bad place for those who are borderline. Lots of fairly "good" kids here get caught up with gangs and drugs.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I would stay as far from El Paso and the border as you can if you have a son that is doing drugs and prone to finding trouble.

It's just WAY to easy for the cartels to recruit here and just because the violent crime rate is pretty low in El Paso, it doesn't mean kids from El Paso don't get caught up with Juarez crimes. They do and it's disasterous, people living in El Paso have been killed in Juarez.

El Paso is fine for good kids who find good peer groups and have a good sense of direction. It's a very bad place for those who are borderline. Lots of fairly "good" kids here get caught up with gangs and drugs.
Thank you for the advice. I was in Santa Teresita and I liked it. It's still close to ELP so I am still considering. I have two interviews, one where I can work from home as an interpreter and translator and one where I can work in Las Cruces with great benefits. So..... I'm still thinking.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM

What about Santa Teresita? If I don't get the job where I can stay home, I may find one in Las Cruces.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig39 View Post
What about Santa Teresita? If I don't get the job where I can stay home, I may find one in Las Cruces.
Santa Teresa is nice - no problems that I can tell.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:06 PM

286 posts, read 678,098 times
DRY AND BRIGHT! WELL,IN ALL SINCERITY..I AM THERE, AS KIDS WOULD SAY.NORMALLY,I SPEND SIX MONTHS A YEAR IN BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX,ARIZONA AREA AND WISH I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE...BUT I GO BACK TO PITTSBURGH BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT MOVED AWAY..IS STILL THERE.I HOPE THAT MADE SENSE..BECAUSE I SELDOM DO LATELY.
DEMING 9% humidity today and sunny WHOA.
Perhaps,my German Shepherd and I will go there for a few months.
In all my travels,I have missed Deming and other Southern N.M.cities in favor of Santa Fe.....don't know why...just turned out that way.
MY doctor says dry climate would be good for me....although he may want to get rid of me.
Hello Deming!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:45 PM

I am handling some things here in Las Vegas, my son getting help because he WANTS to so this is wonderful. I already found a job as an interpreter, I'm starting on the 31st Saturdays and Sundays. Hopefully I will make it in 90 days and then I can request full time and MOVE OUT OF THIS HELL!!!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,511 times
Hello, I, too would be interested in life in Deming. My wife and I are planning to retire near that area.
I have a few questions if anyone from Deming is willing to share their honest opinions/facts.
1. What is you opinion on the community as a whole?
2. Do the local officials have the respect of the community and the communities best interests as a priority?
3. Since Deming is so close to the border are there any issues in the Deming area with illegal immigrants?
4. How good is the health care system at the local hospital?
5. Is Deming's food supply mostly local (from New Mexico) or from Mexico, like meat and produce?
Thanks so much for any information you care to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces