Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 AM

36 posts, read 284,145 times

Advertisements

We now have a feminist club that's pretty cool,Aggies for Feminism. The Royal Cannabis Society is no longer. I have found that Stonewall QSA, our gay-straight association tends to be rather cliquish. Judging by the number of members on Facebook, as far as political groups are concerned, the Republicans have 386, Democrats about 63, Libertarians about 285 [ Americans for Liberty]. That and one leftist political group called Aggie Solidarity with about 30 or so. True We do have far too many Christian Groups at NMSU! Something like 12 of them,including the one Catholic group. Expect to eventually get asked " Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?" That's the Baptists, and they can be as annoying as locusts descending upon the Kansas Wheat Field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1982 View Post
Thanks for the reply, but from what I have seen, the groups / clubs on campus are not really my cup of tea, i.e cannabis clubs, frisbee clubs, LGBTQ, and religious...stuff. Still going to keep my eyes open though. I heard about a cool hobby shop in El Paso with a couple tracks and R/C boat races held at various times each month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:05 AM

31 posts, read 98,724 times
Hello,
I would like to know if there is any Byzantine Catholic parish in or around Las Cruces.
Please let me know. I kind of doubt.
There are some good areas for 55 age plus people around the city?
How is Santa Tereza or Sonoma?
Thank you.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:59 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,172,649 times
I would like to know if there is any Byzantine Catholic parish in or around Las Cruces.
Can't answer that one.

Las Cruces is rated highly as a retirement destination for many people. There is no specific area but there are many options for "retirement homes" or senior's-only developments.

How is Santa Tereza or Sonoma?
Santa Teresa is not part of the Las Cruces metro area. It is a community abutting El Paso, but located on the NM side of the state line. Sonoma Ranch is a large area of development within the Las Cruces city limits.

In general, Las Cruces is divided into two zones:

The Rio Grande/Mesilla Valley which is formerly flat irrigated farmlands. Lots of greenery and good growing conditions, assuming adequate water availability.

The eastern foothills of the Organ Mtns, which is where most of the latter day development has occurred and is still developing apace. Sonoma ranch is in this area. Water is a greater issue and gardening is minimal with Xeriscaping the dominant theme of most residences. Think dry desert land.

Google aerial and street views are your friend when researching unfamiliar terrain.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:57 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,703,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalette View Post
The Boulders is specifically marketed to 55+, I don't think they enforce an age limit though.
The Boulders at Sonoma Ranch | Las Cruces New Mexico | Independent Adult Living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces