Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,440,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
Btw, that area is not "sketchy". Powell is actually very suburban. Sketchy is Mechanicsville or Lonsdale. Some west Knox folks assume anything not in west Knoxville is "sketchy". And technically, it is part of west Knoxville, just the northern edge. I visited some friends that bought a house in that area. I guess its not "upper middle class" but it is middle class with many new subdivisions. The Reserve is very nice, but further west than you may think. I would suggest Greenbrier off Lonas, where my girlfriend lives. Nice, safe, 5 minutes from downtown yet still convenient to west Knoxville shopping.
I'm with you!

SKETCHY? You have GOT to be kidding me! I am neurotic and paranoid and I wouldn't hesitate to live in that area.

Legacy Pointe is 15 minutes from UT and Copper Pointe in West Knoxville, which was previously suggested, is 14 minutes away. In fact, I would consider the Legacy Pointe area to be much quieter.

Tina Oz, if they are running a great special and you like the complex, then go for it. You are a couple of minutes away from Aldi, Home Depot, Target, Lowe's, clothing stores, shoe stores, restaurants, fast food, etc.

Take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 AM

6 posts, read 13,331 times
Saw the place. Didn't sign the lease. It's a 35min drive from UT on a Wed afternoon.
Met a few grad students who lived in west knoville and bike to campus using greenway (spelling?). They said they live in kingston pointe.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyday View Post
Saw the place. Didn't sign the lease. It's a 35min drive from UT on a Wed afternoon.
Met a few grad students who lived in west knoville and bike to campus using greenway (spelling?). They said they live in kingston pointe.
Depends on which way you go. No way that it should take that long unless there was an accident.

By the way, aren't you moving to New Jersey?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM

6 posts, read 13,331 times
Yup, my next posting is in New Jersey. Haven't found a place yet.
Went apartment hunting with two incoming UT grad students in West Knoxville last week. Think I will miss this place. well, starting to miss tn already!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyday View Post
Yup, my next posting is in New Jersey. Haven't found a place yet.
Went apartment hunting with two incoming UT grad students in West Knoxville last week. Think I will miss this place. well, starting to miss tn already!
Oh, I see! That makes more sense. Well, we'll miss you, too. By the way, regarding your other post, I think Legacy Pointe is in a fabulous location and that would be a great ride to UT!

Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 AM

811 posts, read 2,017,243 times
IDK how you are going there, but Legacy point is VERY close to my home and it does not take 35 min to get to UT; EVER... :?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh, I see! That makes more sense. Well, we'll miss you, too. By the way, regarding your other post, I think Legacy Pointe is in a fabulous location and that would be a great ride to UT!
Whoops! I mean 414 Forest Park!

That's right, mystic, you do live near there! For the life of me, I can't figure out how they traveled. It takes about 25 minutes to go from my house to the stores at Turkey Creek! And I drive the speed limit!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:27 PM

811 posts, read 2,017,243 times
yeah, I can't think of anyplace IN knoxville that it takes me 35 min to get to! lol!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 PM

16 posts, read 108,670 times
I found one of those crime map websites that tells you how many crimes and what type have been committed in the vicinity of an address you provide. I kept hearing that West Knoxville was the nice, "safe" area - and I'm sure it's generally true. But in reality there has been more crime activity around The Reserve than at Legacy Pointe in the last year. Plus, specials got better, so I can get a bigger 2BR apt at Legacy Pointe for $100 less than at The Reserve. Those two things pretty much made up my mind. The commute to UT was about the same either place, give or take a mile. I went up to visit and West Knoxville is lovely, and seems to have more going on, but for the price difference, I will take my chances. I guess I can't afford to be as picky as I thought. Thanks for the help though. I wouldn't have been able to do it if someone posted who had lived there or knew someone who lived there and had a horrible experience. But in the absence of such a warning, I'm gonna do it.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Good for you! I'm sure you'll be happy there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville