Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 05:38 AM

108 posts, read 198,449 times

Advertisements

Look for Grand Opening 01/16/13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM

28 posts, read 66,385 times
I signed up for their baby club online but haven't used any of my coupons yet... I might when the location opens in Turkey Creek.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 AM

108 posts, read 198,449 times
We are in the store, setting up for grand opening which is scheduled for Thursday, January 17. This store is a bit smaller than the one at but I like it better. Really looking forward to getting it up and running.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAlton View Post
We are in the store, setting up for grand opening which is scheduled for Thursday, January 17. This store is a bit smaller than the one at but I like it better. Really looking forward to getting it up and running.
I'm really excited. I go by the Northshore one on my way to and from work, which makes it convenient but I can also visit the Turkey Creek location at lunch.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
Good luck with opening in Turkey Creek....sure hope the locals support that store....looks like Northshore store is not booming with business....at least whenever I have shopped there....and I drive 20 miles just to shop at a clean, well-organized store with great BOGOs.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne45 View Post
Good luck with opening in Turkey Creek....sure hope the locals support that store....looks like Northshore store is not booming with business....at least whenever I have shopped there....and I drive 20 miles just to shop at a clean, well-organized store with great BOGOs.
It's busy enough and I'm sure Turkey Creek will be even busier. Frankly, it doesn't matter to Publix, anyway. They are very good at knowing how to come into an area and make a very significant mark. Look for 3 more stores in fairly short order. Publix will do what it takes - even lose money - in order to succeed. I saw them crush the competition this way in Florida. I thought they were crazy at the time, building stores sometimes only a few miles from each other but they know what they are doing.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,358,438 times
This is interesting. We went to JC Penney last night at Turkey Creek and passed by the new Publix on the way to and from the interstate. It looks good with the neon lights around the building. While I dont plan to buy anything there, it's fun to watch the grocery store competition heat up in Knoxville. I think, along with Hik, that Publix can last through the fight. I am not sure about the smaller chains like Food City and/or Ingles.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM

I was thinking about Ingles the other day. Most of their Knoxville locations probably won't be affected. In Powell they are really the only choice and it is pretty much the same in Karns. On Cedar Lane they serve a specific niche and they don't seem to want to do more than that. However, they are probably toast in Farragut.

Food City is probably going to be in trouble, the more Publix's that open. Poor Kroger on Northshore and Pellissippi is scrambling. Talk about being a day late! They have construction workers trying to complete their expansion, even on Sundays. Publix and Target have been open for awhile now and Kroger has to be bleeding money.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:56 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,535,428 times
Turkey Creek.. Not familiar with the location. I did shop at the one off Pellissippi Parkway..which is closer for us middle Tennesseans..

Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
It's busy enough and I'm sure Turkey Creek will be even busier. Frankly, it doesn't matter to Publix, anyway. They are very good at knowing how to come into an area and make a very significant mark. Look for 3 more stores in fairly short order. Publix will do what it takes - even lose money - in order to succeed. I saw them crush the competition this way in Florida. I thought they were crazy at the time, building stores sometimes only a few miles from each other but they know what they are doing.
I can't remember exactly when Publix moved in to the Nashville market, but it was maybe 10 years ago (2002-2004, something like that)...but they have expanded from nothing to 28 locations in Middle Tennessee (27 in metro Nashville, 1 in Clarksville). Of course, over the same area, there are probably still twice as many Kroger's as Publix, but the point being that Publix didn't play around and experiment with the market. They go toe-to-toe with the competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were 10-12 Publix in the metro Knoxville area by 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville