Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,077,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
You mean you don't like being a gentleman farmer???? LOL Happy Fathers day Bones.
Pam
Hey sweety, how's the "Boss" doing...? No not you...I mean Bill....

Noooooooooooooooooooo....... I do my farming in the supermarket...somebody has to have a job of stuffing the veggies in the cans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 01:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,318,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
The whole point to having city chat threads is that so those who live in that city/wants to live in that city etc. can just chat randomly with others who live in that city/visited that city etc with out having to have an exact topic.
The chat threads were created because everyone was getting so upset that the mods were required to delete/move anything that was off topic of a certain thread or wasn't directly related to the city the thread was in, while trying to keep these city forums organized so people looking for info could get the info (of course without all the adds/spam and crud) without the subject changing all the time.
The chat threads can be for letting your neighbors know what local events are coming up in your area, getting to know your neighbors,who's birthday it is, sharing family milestones, who locally likes dogs as much as you do, who shops where and for what, how/when you put in a garden or what ever. That is the point, it doesn't have to have a point, just people being friendly with other people. People get friendly on internet forums no matter where they live and like to talk with each other when they find that connection to other like minded folks.
Some cities utilize the chat thread a lot, some don't, it really isn't a competition, it's all good.
I guess I am a bit cranky too because it seems like these days no matter how hard this site tries to be what everyone wants and needs as far as information sharing and such, someone is always complaining about what it is not.
As Abe Lincoln said: "You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time."
Actually, I was reacting to some of the people that no longer post on here. They've been a bit upset and I should have just shut my mouth. I don't care. Just forget I wrote any of it. It was never my fight and I need to mind my own business. I've been on here long enough to know what a chat thread is for. I have no idea why I even wrote it. I don't care who is on here. I guess the recession is getting to me.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,069,901 times
Good evening!

How is everyone?

Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good evening!

How is everyone?

Greetings from a WOW addict. We're doing good both virtually and in real life too.
am

Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,069,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Greetings from a WOW addict. We're doing good both virtually and in real life too.
am

Thats great to hear!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:15 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,762 times
Just dropping by to say hi, been really busy lately, very involved with our Senior Center and spend most of my time there, of course still have some other friendships I made on here that I treasure and with people I still see. Other than that just wanted to say hi to anyone out there "lurking"

Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,077,227 times
Now Gailli calles me a lurker....

57 this morning, going to be another beautiful day on the plateau.....

Old 06-29-2009, 07:39 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Now Gailli calles me a lurker....

57 this morning, going to be another beautiful day on the plateau.....
She could have called us worse Bones..... Beautiful day here too, breezy and comfortable after all the humidity lately.

Enjoy the day,
Pam

Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,331,088 times
Hi Gailli,
Good to see you on here again. Glad that things are going well for you and sounds like you are enjoying life and that is great! Don't be such a stranger though.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:55 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,762 times
Thanks MB, I'll try to get back more often. Been going to some of the Smokies games, went last night, they are a lot of fun and I really enjoy them. Football season is upon us too and I cant wait, I am starting to really get withdrawals.

I had the flu over the weekend, boy, thought I made it through without getting it but I was wrong, thankfully I'm on a road to recovery.

Bones, I would never call you a lurker,

Hi Pam and Bill and Hik and everyone else, hope all is good for all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville