Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times

Advertisements

Take me out to the ballpark! I just wanted to mention to not only our East Tennessee residents but also to visitors to our area that we have a wonderful ballpark that is home to the Knoxville Smokies Baseball Team. Baseball games are a real treat at the park, which is gorgeous! I am attaching a link to the website for the Smokies. You know you want to do the 7th inning stretch......

Tennessee Smokies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 08:36 PM

611 posts, read 1,459,625 times
I went a little over a week ago with a large group of people (probably about 50) when they played the Huntsville Stars. The Smokies ended up losing 15-1, but a good time was had by all.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:46 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,870,267 times
I'm a big Jacksonville Suns fan myself. If you're ever down there, be sure to take in a game at The Ballgrounds. It is really one of the prettiest minor league parks you'll find.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,584,552 times
They are part of the Cubbies as well, it's going to be a RedSox-Cubs WS this year.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
They are part of the Cubbies as well, it's going to be a RedSox-Cubs WS this year.
We are a Red Sox-Cubs family. I'm from Mass., and my husband is from Chicago.

We'd love to see that!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
We are a Red Sox-Cubs family. I'm from Mass., and my husband is from Chicago.

We'd love to see that!
Haha that is awesome, we played the Red Sox here last year in the World Series and got swept, it was exciting nonetheless as we have all the pro teams in Denver but none of them has gone to the finals in a long time, except the Broncos, and there usually is a riot whenever that happens.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 PM

188 posts, read 567,477 times
When I first arrived in Knoxville two years ago, I met a guy who liked to go to these baseball games.

At first, I didn't want to go. I know very little about baseball, and have no interest in it. (I'm a college football fan).

However, after a couple of visits, I realized that the Smokies have a very cool thing going on there. The place is very well run, has a wonderful smell (the food and the cut grass makes a wonderful aroma)... it is a very pleasant experience and it almost forces you to relax.

Pretty soon, you will be able to make a day of it as you go shopping at the new Pebble Creek followed by the game. As it is, the Bass Pro Shop is a fun place to go.

Kelton

Old 05-25-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfskinnerpunk View Post
When I first arrived in Knoxville two years ago, I met a guy who liked to go to these baseball games.

At first, I didn't want to go. I know very little about baseball, and have no interest in it. (I'm a college football fan).

However, after a couple of visits, I realized that the Smokies have a very cool thing going on there. The place is very well run, has a wonderful smell (the food and the cut grass makes a wonderful aroma)... it is a very pleasant experience and it almost forces you to relax.

Pretty soon, you will be able to make a day of it as you go shopping at the new Pebble Creek followed by the game. As it is, the Bass Pro Shop is a fun place to go.

Kelton
Very excited about that, big baseball and football fan here. I believe the Smokeys have a family section as well, non-alcohol, great way to spend the weekend with the kids.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,749 times
Wink Take me out to the ballgame.

There is nothing like supporting a local minor league team, no matter what sport, and summer means BASEBALL.

The Knoxville Smokies must get a lot of attention in and around Knoxville. It looks like a great stadium in a good location.

I grew up in a small town with a minor league team, now a part of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and their games were the event of a summer's evening.

You are so right, bfskinner, the smell of the freshly mowed grass, tamer family-oriented fans (unlike some pro games), a beautiful park and nearby attractions make a great event out of going to a Smokies' game.

I hope to make one myself one of these days soon. You take your life into your hands trying to attend - let alone, enjoy - an Atlanta Braves game!

Old 05-26-2008, 04:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,508,029 times
It's a real treat for the fans of the Smokies with John Smoltz pitching here while he is rehabbing his arm. Maybe some Braves fans will take in a Smokies game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville