Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from gemkeeper and she is getting hit with some pretty bad storms. Atlanta had a tornado go through, last night.

Please send prayers and good vibes her way.
Hik, thanks for letting us know. I hope Gem and her brood stay safe.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:58 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hik, thanks for letting us know. I hope Gem and her brood stay safe.
Gem said that she will never live in a house without a basement again! They have had to go to the only small area in the house without windows each time a storm came through during the night. She also said that he son's new car was being pummeled with hail. Now, we can only stand by and wait until she can come back online to let us know she's ok!

Old 03-15-2008, 03:01 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I heard from her about an hour ago. She was on a laptop that was battery-powered. She said the sirens were going off. She has my phone number. Hopefully, she'll call.

It looks like this storm was worse than last night.

Twister kills 2 northwest of Atlanta - Weather - MSNBC.com

Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
We just heard from Gem on the Cheers thread and she and her family are fine! Thank Goodness!! It has been a stressful afternoon with several C-D friends in the path of the storms!!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:56 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Yeah, the last thunderstorm just went through without any sirens or warnings.

It has been quite a day. I sure feel sorry for all of those whose homes were damaged or demolished across AL and GA. The people killed here in GA were 2 counties west of us and as far as I know there have been no serious injuries in our town.

Lots of trees and debris around and yards to clean up. I'm sure that many folks had their cars damaged by the hail. Zach's car has a few dings, but nothing major. He was a wreck being trapped in the house when he really just wanted to run out and lay on top of his new PT Cruiser.

Be sure to have a basement, storm shelter, or safe place in your house to take cover, folks, here in the SE. Storms in our area with the warm gulf air moving up can really create some violent storms.

Our poor neighbor's backyard just washed away down the hillside - grass and all. It is an established yard, too - probably 10 years or so.

Good to be back with friends!!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:42 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Yeah, the last thunderstorm just went through without any sirens or warnings.

It has been quite a day. I sure feel sorry for all of those whose homes were damaged or demolished across AL and GA. The people killed here in GA were 2 counties west of us and as far as I know there have been no serious injuries in our town.

Lots of trees and debris around and yards to clean up. I'm sure that many folks had their cars damaged by the hail. Zach's car has a few dings, but nothing major. He was a wreck being trapped in the house when he really just wanted to run out and lay on top of his new PT Cruiser.

Be sure to have a basement, storm shelter, or safe place in your house to take cover, folks, here in the SE. Storms in our area with the warm gulf air moving up can really create some violent storms.

Our poor neighbor's backyard just washed away down the hillside - grass and all. It is an established yard, too - probably 10 years or so.

Good to be back with friends!!
We're all glad to see ya back safe and sound....

Old 03-15-2008, 08:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Glad your safe Gem, good to have you back.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:46 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
Glad you are back safe and sound, Gem.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
I know it's late - or early. Now, I can't sleep!! Wired, I guess. Thank you all for the comments. I really appreciate the sweet concern from all of you.

I know where my heart lies, that's for sure.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:16 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times
Default Hi, I'm back

First I want to telll Gem I am so glad she is okay, I have family in Woodstock GA so I was concerned for them also but they are fine.

My visit with my daughter was great, she looked good with her little tummy. We went baby and maternity shopping. She also bought me a new Coach bag and some 800 thread sheets and a gazebo I have been wanting, boy its nice when your kids buy you things, lol.

I look forward to my new friend and to making more too. We went to the Miracle and to the Magic show while my daughter was here, also found some great new places to eat.

Well, just wanted to say hi to you all, I will be back soon. Take care all, LInda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville