Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Hi, yep, the deals are for residents of Sevier county or for people that work in Sevier county, thats why a lot of people get part time jobs at Dollywood for one or two days so they get all the benefits of Dollywood and all the theaters. I know one guy that only worked at Dollywood at Christmas helping put up lights but that way he got the benefits. Alamo is the same, residents.

Pam and Bill, glad Bill is home and I'm sure Petey is too, I know because my toughie goes crazy when one of us is gone too.

Well, take care everyone, Suzanne see you soon
But, now we know the secret. Thanks for sharing. I've got the perfect solution; put dh to work~~~

Old 12-16-2008, 07:44 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
Suzanne, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling good......hope the doctor can fix you right up!!! It looks like both Alamo Steak House Club and The Smith Family $5 deals are both only for Sevier County residents!!! I'll have to wait until we buy our house and have a Sevier County address before I can sign up with Alamo!!

Lots of the theatres have $5 deals but they all seem to be for Sevier County residents only.......I'm just counting down the days until I can claim my Sevier County residency!! We plan to start some serious househunting after the first of the year.........and definitely want to be moved no later than mid-April!!
My husband works in Sevier County and we get many, if not all, of the same benefits as residents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Hi, yep, the deals are for residents of Sevier county or for people that work in Sevier county, thats why a lot of people get part time jobs at Dollywood for one or two days so they get all the benefits of Dollywood and all the theaters. I know one guy that only worked at Dollywood at Christmas helping put up lights but that way he got the benefits. Alamo is the same, residents.

Pam and Bill, glad Bill is home and I'm sure Petey is too, I know because my toughie goes crazy when one of us is gone too.

Well, take care everyone, Suzanne see you soon
What she said, LOL!

Pam, glad Bill is home

Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 AM

74 posts, read 174,109 times
Smile Hi Everyone

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and wished you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I still think of everyone I have met this year on the board and wished you all a happy and healthy new year. My son and his daughter will be coming next wk for Christmas so I am excited they will be here till Jan 4th so I will be busy but, will checked in and see how everyone is doing.

Best wishes,
Tn405, Bebette, Gailie, Suzanne1945, Gemkeeper, Fallfanatic and everyone else.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn SR View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and wished you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I still think of everyone I have met this year on the board and wished you all a happy and healthy new year. My son and his daughter will be coming next wk for Christmas so I am excited they will be here till Jan 4th so I will be busy but, will checked in and see how everyone is doing.

Best wishes,
Tn405, Bebette, Gailie, Suzanne1945, Gemkeeper, Fallfanatic and everyone else.

TennSr, it's great to hear from you!!! You have been in my prayers and I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and I wish for you everything positive for 2009!!! I know you will have a wonderful time with your son and granddaughter here to visit!! Please take care and check back in with us as soon as you can!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:02 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
Merry Christmas, TennSR

Old 12-17-2008, 01:26 PM

204 posts, read 581,245 times
Here I am ....Typing with one hand can make some funnny words. Good news my wrist is only tendonitis bad news I have a wrist splint with thumb imobilizer so my thumb is stiff and useless. But I should be great with wearing this for two weeks. So typing is slow. And try wrapping presents.

Can't complain though.
Happy holidays to all. I shall be around.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:45 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
Here I am ....Typing with one hand can make some funnny words. Good news my wrist is only tendonitis bad news I have a wrist splint with thumb imobilizer so my thumb is stiff and useless. But I should be great with wearing this for two weeks. So typing is slow. And try wrapping presents.

Can't complain though.
Oh my Tn405, it sounds like your DH will just have to do all the wrapping, cooking, cleaning, etc. for the next two weeks!!

Sorry that you are in so much pain, and sure hope that the splint does the trick!!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,684,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post

Can't complain though.
Here's best wishes to a real one-handed trooper! Hang in there girl!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Default Quake

TN405, Merry Christmas and sure hope the hand gets better, I've had that before and it is painful.

Got an email from Lady of England, she said her whole house shook tonight with the earthquake, boy, I didnt know we had quakes here, I heard about them but didnt believe it, sure hope the story about a massive one isnt true

Well, out to lunch tomorow and a little more shopping and shipping and I will hopefully be thru.

Take care everyone, they said a slim possibility of snow showers for Christmas, that would be nice.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:59 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,353,176 times
TnSr- Nice to see you! Hope your wrist feels better soon.
As to snow.... BAH!!! HUMBUG! I say
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville