Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 16,890 times

Advertisements

My family will be traveling to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge in a few weeks. We would like to check out Dollywood. Do you know if you can get discount tickets anywhere? Also - what is the best thing to see/do for young kids there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 02:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Dollywood has a longstanding policy of not doing discount deals with third-party vendors. Any "discount passes" you see advertised may be timeshare offers.

I do know that if you go after 3 p.m. one day, you can get in the next day free.

This link shows all official Dollywood discounts and deals:

http://www.dollywood.com/Deals/Special-Offers.aspx

Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,520,559 times
Right now McDonalds large tea cups are worth $5 off admission.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:47 PM

135 posts, read 293,728 times
Timeshare people. You gotta take the 4 hour long tour and pay I believe 20 dollars to set up the tour and then you get the tickets. I don't know if you get them before or after the tour since your 20 dollars is a deposit to hold your spot for the tour. But I don't know if all the timeshare does it or just certain ones. I know BlueGreen use to or it could have been another one that was on the porch selling it. To save you a few bucks, park at Patriot Park and right the trolley since parking there is like 10 dollars now. If you know someone that know's of anyone that works at Dollywood, we get tickets through the year to hand out to family and friends

Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM

603 posts, read 2,340,991 times
I am a Knoxville Zoo member and Zoo members get $5 off Dollywood and Splash Country. If you are a member of another zoo program, you may have the same discount. If you go with people who have season passes, you get $5 off your admission. Parking is $8. If it rains while you are there and causes you to leave the park early, Guest Services will give you a rain check to return anytime till the end of the year. We had been there since opening and it started raining at 5:30. Rides were still closed when we left at 7pm and we were given rain checks to return for free. A friend's daughter once had to leave early because of nosebleeds that wouldn't stop and she was told she could have a rain check. You just have to ask for it.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 16,890 times
Thanks everyone! We got the $5 McDonalds coupon and had a great time at Dollywood. Thanks for your help!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,552,457 times
Dusting this thread. Same question, different year.

Since the Op was a drive by poster, I am going to hijack with a few questions. My family are in Piegeon Forge next week is the park worth doing more than one day. I heard just get season pass if going for two days but does the season pass cover both parks?

What else is there to do in Pigeon Forge?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 AM

11,142 posts, read 9,782,011 times
Pigeon Forge is AWASH in things to do, especially if you have kids. There are mini-golf places, go cart racing places, zip line places, you are near white water rafting, there is an exploratorium type children's discovery museum (forgot the name), the Titanic museum, the Dixie Stampede dinner w/ trick horse riding show, too much stuff to list. You are also about 10 minutes from Gatlinburg with the aquarium, Ripley's museum, and more of the same stuff Pigeon Forge has.

I don't think that Dollywood is worth more than one day. We rode every coaster in one day, but it was early in the spring and lines were short. Splash Country would probably be the better part of a day, and then you've got everything else. There are discount books for area attractions available everywhere.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,552,457 times
Ok thanks. I went to Ripleys Aquarium in MB last year but white water sounds very interesting. Titantic in the mountains thats crazy

We will be staying at Bear Creek Crossing Resort in Sevierville is their anything to do there other than shopping?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:45 AM

213 posts, read 551,496 times
Another option is to arrive at Dollywood after 3PM and the next day is free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville