Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,208 times

Advertisements

Hello. My name is Gina Renee' (Allen) Yankey. I am 38 years old. I have been attempting to find any paternal family, not because I want anything really, just to find out a little of my heritage and background of who I am.

My father was John C. Allen. His parents were Hazel & Elbert Allen. I have many aunts and one uncle. I don't remember all the aunts, but Penny whom married a Tom was one of them and Sally was another. I want to say there was a Dana and Sheila, but I can't swear to those two. The uncle was Sam J. Allen.

My grandparents lived on a farm with a small country home. I remember visiting it as a child. There was a small creek close by and it was a very pretty setting.

I would love to come visit with my husband, Joe, whom I have been with since I was a 13 yr old girl for a long weekend or maybe a week if I could find some family to meet maybe for dinner etc just to talk and find out about our family and what everyone was/is like. I PROMISE, I just want to get to know some of them and nothing more, I'll even treat to dinner at the place of your choice!

If you can provide any information, please contact me at ginayankey@yahoo.com. I just want to know things like; health background, personality and physical traits in our family and things like that.

Being raised by my mother all these years, some of me has to be explained by my paternal side . . . because I love the country (moved out here about 4-5 yrs ago), I prefer a little more elbow room and privacy- and she, after giving up on her disappointment that I'm a country girl at heart - has decided to blame it on my Allen heritage - thus my quest to find out more the Allens.

My brother, Thomas Elbert Allen passed away suddenly at age 31. Mom always claimed that both of us had a lot of Allen in us, and I guess it makes sense, as we were both Allens! LOL

Also, pls call me on my cell if you have info at 937-402-1559.

XOXOX GRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,305 times
In RE: Allen Family in Breathitt County KY.

My name is Greg Allen I have a cousin named Gobel Allen in Jackson KY.My Father was Roland son of John and Elvira Allen; Brothers to my grandfather(John Allen) were Gobel Allen Sr. I have more info for you if think this could help. Thank you Greg Wayne Allen.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,772 times
I would like to help in any way I can but it just so happens I am totally without any info other than my Great grandfather was John Allen of Oakdale he was born somewhere around 1877 married Cordelia Crawford in 1907 and had a son named Winslow Daniel Allen of Lee County who had several children one of which is Albert Richard Allen which is my father and I am Richard Douglas Allen if there is any info on that line would be great r.dougallen@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: