Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM

4 posts, read 9,243 times

Advertisements

My son is moving to Kansas (Haskell County area) and has a pitbull. She is spayed, microchipped, 2-years old, very well-behaved. Now that he has taken a new job there, we learned that they don't like Pitbulls in Kansas. I'm looking for information about the restrictions against pitbulls in Sublette, Satanta, or other towns in the area. I was told that they are "illegal within the city limits." That poses a problem since there is very little housing outside the city limits!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM

99 posts, read 455,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMOM View Post
My son is moving to Kansas (Haskell County area) and has a pitbull. She is spayed, microchipped, 2-years old, very well-behaved. Now that he has taken a new job there, we learned that they don't like Pitbulls in Kansas. I'm looking for information about the restrictions against pitbulls in Sublette, Satanta, or other towns in the area. I was told that they are "illegal within the city limits." That poses a problem since there is very little housing outside the city limits!

Thanks
There is quite a bit of good housing IN town but like you say, nobody wants pit bulls.

Contact me by Private Message, maybe can help a bit.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,326 times
I disagree very much its or opinion is that no body wants them but sir I now a lot of pit bulls in the area and they are some of nicest and most well behaved dogs I've come in contact with...its not the dog that is mean and disobedient its the man behind him. And yeah we do have about 10 to 25 pits between sublette and satanta

Old 11-30-2015, 08:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
I just retired from a Veterinarian(business investments) and he has good things to say about Pit bulls.
The problems i see with them is the owners. Pits are really receptive to picking up the attitudes of the owner and if you have a owner that is has a non leadership personality then look out.

He didn't teach me that at all. I have had plenty of dogs and they were more than pets. On my farm you had to earn your keep. None of those little yapper dogs for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas