Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:47 PM

27 posts, read 101,680 times

Advertisements

there are wonderful things to do in kc. go online and look for further information or AAA can give you info and maps.. I know you don't want to go to topeka but we have a great capital....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
The best that Kansas City Kansas has to offer is "The Legends at the Village West" a Shopping ,entertainment and dinning complex. you can google it to get directions, Once you are in western Wyandotte County, you will be near the the Dog track , Race Car Speedway, a Brand new Water Park in addition to Wolf lodge (combination hotel water park) and Wyandotte County Lake for Fishing or boating, most of these areas are all brand new or relatively new. If you stay in Johnson County you wont be far away and you will be use to a lot more traffic than you will experience in Kansas City Kansas. If you plan on staying at a motel why not stay in western Wyandotte county at wolf Lodge or the Hampton at the International raceway, you will be closer to Topeka, Come early and don't miss the Wiener Dog Nationals ! July 26th

Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM

27 posts, read 101,680 times
you want to look at visitkc.com

Old 07-24-2009, 12:13 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,474,093 times
KCMO is right, you aren't going to see much on the kansas side of kansas city. Most of its on the MO side. If you go, I suggest you go to the plaza, the power and light district, various museums such as the nelson atkins and steamboat arabia, get barbeque, maybe visit old westport, sprint center, and if you come at the right time, you can go to see the Royals. (Kauffmann stadium is really cool now that they added so much to it) The world war II memorial is a must see too.

If you do go to KCK, then you should go spend a day at village west, theres a bunch to do there, like the legends, speedway, the great wolf lodge, and lots of great restaurants.

If you decide to stay in Johnson County, theres everything there from the oak park mall, nice hotels, etc. To break it down, Johnson County is just a huge suburb and from the shawnee/lenexa area, KCMO is only 15-20 minutes away in good traffic. You can also go to shawnee mission park for a relaxing evening with your family. (just a tip but, try to stay out of evening rush hour, it can get pretty bad.) Hope this post helps,

JoCo freak.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 9,355 times
I disagree with everyone. I think Kansas City is a terrible place to visit, considering that is has way to many people visiting way to small of places! It is dumb to waste your summer going there when you can go to the beach!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflight98 View Post
I disagree with everyone. I think Kansas City is a terrible place to visit, considering that is has way to many people visiting way to small of places! It is dumb to waste your summer going there when you can go to the beach!!!!
I thought I smelled something like Mildew and mothballs........ but it was just a troll

Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Here are the Kansas & Missori online travel guides,they can help you find things to do,events,maps,etc.

Kansas Travel and Tourism Division, Kansas Department of Commerce

Welcome to Missouri -- Close to Home. Far From Ordinary.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Here are the Kansas & Missori online travel guides,they can help you find things to do,events,maps,etc.

Kansas Travel and Tourism Division, Kansas Department of Commerce

Welcome to Missouri -- Close to Home. Far From Ordinary.

It has been my experience that, when visiting a new place, the locals often can tell you about really cool things the travel guides often don't mention.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It has been my experience that, when visiting a new place, the locals often can tell you about really cool things the travel guides often don't mention.
I think so too,
especially someone coming from a 1million + city to a much smaller city , I think the nooks and crannies will be far more memorable. I would also think the Plaza would look like a cheap imitation of the South West.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM

103 posts, read 260,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think so too,
especially someone coming from a 1million + city to a much smaller city , I think the nooks and crannies will be far more memorable. I would also think the Plaza would look like a cheap imitation of the South West.
I love the plaza, I believe it is a historic landmark in my eyes because it was the first shopping mall in america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City