Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 08:46 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,941,280 times

Advertisements

My DH and I will be in KC for a few days in July. We will be staying at the Hotel Phillips and will not have a car. We have tickets to a Sunday afternoon Royals game. I heard that the Royals Express Bus has been discontinued. Are there any other forms of public transporation for us to take to the game? If not, would a cab be an option and how much would that cost? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,908,852 times
Transit from downtown to the stadiums suck. I honestly can not understand why in the world the express buses were cut. Makes no sense. All they saved was 70k in the budget to cut service to both stadiums.

Since the buses were cut, taxis now flow into the stadium for games. I think it's about 20-25 dollars for a cab ride. It should be a lot cheaper though. If you take a cab, make sure they use all available lanes to get into the stadium and don't just sit on the freeway with the other traffic. The stadium is very easy to get in and out of, but people don't use all the lanes. Cabs can enter the stadium via the first entrance too, bypassing the parking gate traffic.

After the games, there are dozens of cabs waiting.

The Chiefs typically run hundreds of transit buses to their games. It will takes 1000's of cabs to make up even a fraction of the difference at those games. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

With all the talk about going “green”, cutting bus services to the stadiums seems like a major step in the wrong direction.

OK, sorry about the rant. Nothing gets me more irritated than KC’s total lack of mass transit.

I would just hop in a cab . KC has plenty of cabs downtown and they are easy to find and catch. I would try to get a yellow cab though. They have the cleanest, newest fleet and the drivers tend to be more honest IMO.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:49 PM

Thank you so much for the reply. I was worried about getting a cab after the game, but since you say they are plentiful....no worries.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM

37 posts, read 171,377 times
Thank you for bringing your DH. Perhaps he can start for the Royals and hit a few home runs for us.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,642,167 times
^^ I actually LOLed.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo_East View Post
Thank you for bringing your DH. Perhaps he can start for the Royals and hit a few home runs for us.
Reps to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City