Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorianp5 View Post
My husband is returning from overseas in July 2011; looking desperately for some peace and quiet -does not want a rental in a subdivision; he is a LTC and will be on permanent party there at Leavenworth...are you still renting this property and any chance it will be available soon in the next 3-4 months? We went to CGSC back in 06 and loved the Easton area; had a friend living out that way....so if you know anyone else renting we would love to talk to them as well....thanks!
Lorianne
I know you were saying that you weren't really interested in subdivision; however, we have a beautiful home on the outskirts of Platte City. Our neighborhood is the very last street (behind which are pastures). Pretty quiet.

It is a 3 BR, 2.5 bath w/ three-car garage and large back yard. The house itself is immacualte - the carpets look brand new. Hardwood in kitchen and dining area, ceramic tile in all entryways and baths. Whirlpool, huge master closet, tons of storage and a great floorplan.

I'm a Major whose currently in Afghanistan - my wife is living with her parents while I'm away. We plan on building in Olathe when I get back next year. Would prefer to rent our home to a miltary family.

Can send some pics if you'd like. If you have questions, you can contact me at jtruffin@hotmail.com.

Good luck either way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 47,123 times
I am from Lansing which is the city directly next to Leavenworth/Ft. Leavenworth. What do you want to know about the area? The Fort is very close to the river which separates Kansas from Missouri. The Fort is historical and has a great 4th of July celebration on its lake each year...the place to be. The Kansas City airport is just across the river...about 30 minutes from the fort. Great security in the fort itself and actually a very pretty property. For Shopping in Kansas City, the fort is close to the Legends...maybe another 30 minutes from the fort. Leavenworth/Lansing is a small community...probably populated at 25 - 30 thousand. Lansing has the better school district. Let me know what you specifically want to know.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,383 times
Default Neighborhoods in Leavenworth KS

Hi! Well, almost welcome to Kansas I have lived in Leavenworth for almost 3 years and can tell you, it is wonderful! However, the most imprtant thing I have learned is who NOT to deal with regarding Real Estate. Location is very important in Leavenworth as it is hit or miss. There are beautiful communities poping up everywhere but it is important to know your neighborhood.

Edgewood community is very nice (new) as well as Angle Falls in Lansing. I absolutely do not recommend Crown Estates or Dan Lynch to ANYONE thinking of moving here. If you are serious about looking into communities, Darly Hanning with Reece and Nicoles, Primier Reality is GREAT and has been involved in the Leavenworth community for almost 30 years. But, with the neighborhoods -- you really need to have someone who lives here and knows thier stuff, as again, it can be hit or miss.

Hope this helped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City