Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
We now have a real estate agent working with us - he sounds real thorough. He's been an agent for 15 years - we had a good conversation last night on the phone. We looked at a couple of Waldo homes yesterday on our own before calling this agent and we really liked the second one. It's a few blocks from downtown Waldo - I'd say about 8-10 blocks east of downtown. Troost Avenue was about passed on the way - maybe 4-5 blocks east of this house.

We're not quite ready to buy right now, anyway. The agent already has a plan for breaking our lease early. It won't be much early because the process takes so long. We like Overland Park a lot, too, and we're open to Shawnee Mission.

When you guys say Mission do you mean Shawnee Mission?
Shawnee Mission is a postal code, and a school district bearing the same name. All are named for a Shawnee Indian Mission, the site of which can still be visited near Bishop Miege High School.

Mission is an individual municipality, as is nearby Shawnee. Mission is bordered by Roeland Park, parts of Overland Park that are oddly gerrymandered, Merriam, and Shawnee Mission Parkway/Prairie Village/Fairway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:46 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
All of which just muddles up into just "pick a house somewhere you like and negotiate a price."

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
parts of Overland Park that are oddly gerrymandered
OP's city limit does zig and zag a little, but it's nowhere near what I'd call gerrymandering. It creates a slightly odd, but still reasonable shape for the city.

Gerrymandering involves a lot of curly-Q's and long narrow appendages to create a non-sensical district that fits a certain agenda. That does not describe Overland Park, IMO. Except MAYBE at its southeastern and southwestern corners.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:27 PM

639 posts, read 767,551 times
The "Plaza" ended about 20 years ago once Leawood's Town Center Plaza opened. KC should have done everything possible to keep the luxury end shops concentrated about the Plaza. I find there's nothing down there that I can't find in Independence or Lee's Summit and I don't have to step over all the "beggars" chasing you down for change or cigarettes.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:36 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,168,681 times
^^Did you just cut and paste the same troll post into 2 different threads?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Yes.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 AM

I'm interested now in a short-sale house in Grandview. 3BD, 2 1/2 BA's with about 1,558 sq. feet. My wife wants to go to Overland Park or Shawnee Mission or Mission. Crime is her concern regarding Grandview, but, it's located behind the library a few blocks, which to me is a decent nighborhood. It's true, I don't notice the gangs of kids roaming the streets in Overland Park like I do in Grandview, last night they were roaming. Probably just friends roaming around.

However, the roaming, non-threatening kids were located south of Main Street. The house I'm liking is located north of Main Street in Grandview. One woman driving an old late 90's Taurus started drifting towards my lane and I needed to take evasive action. That hasn't happened since I was 16 - and that lady ran in to me and caused about $1,000 worth of damage to my Dad's '66 VW Fastback. Freaked me out - this was over just north of Main in old Grandview - just north of the downtown district near Duck Road.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:48 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,661,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
The "Plaza" ended about 20 years ago once Leawood's Town Center Plaza opened. KC should have done everything possible to keep the luxury end shops concentrated about the Plaza. I find there's nothing down there that I can't find in Independence or Lee's Summit and I don't have to step over all the "beggars" chasing you down for change or cigarettes.
Am I the only one to find your user name to be ironic based on your feelings about the City? Or maybe you created it trying to be sarcastic?

Old 02-28-2017, 02:48 AM

Mission is an individual municipality, as is nearby Shawnee. Mission is bordered by Roeland Park, parts of Overland Park that are oddly gerrymandered, Merriam, and Shawnee Mission Parkway/Prairie Village/Fairway.

My wife and I were in Shawnee Mission Parkway yesterday to look at some houses - not bad. We're not sure now if we even want to buy. I guess crime in Grandview, MO, where we live, is bad per capita. Houses (some of them) are losing value.

I would sure be closer to my work in Lenexa if we moved to one of those Kansas towns around Overland Park. That is one of the big draws to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City