Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 04:16 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwiksell View Post
I'm confused. Was this intended for me or someone else? I don't feel like I "called you out", I just wanted to debate the accuracy of your assertion about walking distances.

P.S. You quoted me out of a different (but related) thread. Could that be causing some confusion?
Oops, sorry, about that. Meant for shindig. He goes off on me once in a while but never really caries any sort of real debate. I fixed the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 04:17 PM

684 posts, read 792,053 times
Quote:
I'm confused. Was this intended for me or someone else? I don't feel like I "called you out", I just wanted to debate the accuracy of your assertion about walking distances.

P.S. You quoted me out of a different (but related) thread. Could that be causing some confusion?
I'm thinking that had to be meant for shindig. You know, that guy who trolls kcmo all of the time here, and also trolls him at kcrag, and well now, he's posting about how he trolls him at kc star. This shindig guy needs to get a life. Troll doesn't even come close to what he is.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
I'm thinking that had to be meant for shindig. You know, that guy who trolls kcmo all of the time here, and also trolls him at kcrag, and well now, he's posting about how he trolls him at kc star. This shindig guy needs to get a life. Troll doesn't even come close to what he is.
Yea, pretty much. He really thought he was being cute by calling me out for my KC start comments. I'm not really sure why he thinks I would care, they are public comments using my FB account, I obviously couldn't care less if people knew I posted them and I want people to read them or I wouldn't have posted them .

Old 01-22-2016, 04:28 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,678,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
You can't expect travelers to have to do any of that, however. That is the whole point of basic airport accommodations.
Well, true. I mean, if you don't even know that is an option, then you're just stuck there. I would hate that.
KCI is NOT an airport I want to spend hours in, waiting for a delayed flight.

A comfy waiting area inside the secured area is a must these days.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
You're not the only person who thinks this, for some reason.

The very LAST thing it should be is a museum. Right after minimum-security prison, and airport.

Who on God's green earth would go to this museum?
Obviously a lot of Kansas Citians would rank it as a top tourist destination! Probably the same ones that tell tourists to go to the Legends because they actually think people want to see an exurban mall surrounded by parking lots and chain retail/restaurants. MKC has the airline history museum. Just add a display about MCI to it and how it was a great idea, but failed to ever materialize.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:11 PM

495 posts, read 779,163 times
Yeah, I'm a troll, you're right right Truly Mo...the guy that wants to change the name of Kansas City to Missiouri City...lol. And the guy that gets all wound up because The KU hospital advertises at Arrowhead Stadium, when the Chiefs have an agreement with KU to use their facilities for their players and personnel. Oh well, what do I know.

And KCMO, I don't always bash your posts, just when you go over the top..lol. I admire your passion for KC and willingness to say things that most people don't want to hear. I probably have a tendency to take it personal because, I like yourself, have attended many council meetings to voice my opinion on the direction of this City. I probably shouldn't have posted the link to the Star and pointed you out. I apologize. It just frustrates me when some of your comments are so over the top, like stating Kansas City is stuck in the 1960s. That I really disagree with. This city is really trying to move forward and yes, there are always going to be people against change, but with change comes new opportunities and development. I'm not against a new terminal, I just want it to be for the right reason, if that makes sense. Why can't the terminals be widened and expanded? Can they be repurposed if not. As a resident, I have my doubts we are really getting the truth about the dire situation of the terminals. But maybe I'm wrong, and that is fine.

I'm all for development in KC. Heck I was pissed when they tore down the Law Building downtown, but that was pre-PnL and Sprint Center. There was no reason the TWA building should have been demo'd, but again, time moves on and people forget because now we have the shiny PnL district.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
Yeah, I'm a troll, you're right right Truly Mo...the guy that wants to change the name of Kansas City to Missiouri City...lol. And the guy that gets all wound up because The KU hospital advertises at Arrowhead Stadium, when the Chiefs have an agreement with KU to use their facilities for their players and personnel. Oh well, what do I know.

And KCMO, I don't always bash your posts, just when you go over the top..lol. I admire your passion for KC and willingness to say things that most people don't want to hear. I probably have a tendency to take it personal because, I like yourself, have attended many council meetings to voice my opinion on the direction of this City. I probably shouldn't have posted the link to the Star and pointed you out. I apologize. It just frustrates me when some of your comments are so over the top, like stating Kansas City is stuck in the 1960s. That I really disagree with. This city is really trying to move forward and yes, there are always going to be people against change, but with change comes new opportunities and development. I'm not against a new terminal, I just want it to be for the right reason, if that makes sense. Why can't the terminals be widened and expanded? Can they be repurposed if not. As a resident, I have my doubts we are really getting the truth about the dire situation of the terminals. But maybe I'm wrong, and that is fine.

I'm all for development in KC. Heck I was pissed when they tore down the Law Building downtown, but that was pre-PnL and Sprint Center. There was no reason the TWA building should have been demo'd, but again, time moves on and people forget because now we have the shiny PnL district.
Shindig, I only created a topic ONE TIME about how Kansas City's image was becoming less and less Missouri. Missouri City was just a simple SUGGESTION of what could be done to change this city's image nationally to get away from all things Kansas. And that topic was created some year and a half ago, and then never again... but I guess that makes me a troll? Now if so, then what does that make you?

Jackson County, MISSOURI residents pay taxes and own the Truman Sports Complex. But only, for an out-of-state and rivaling university to advertise itself all over it? Many people from the Missouri side other than just me are displeased with the antics of KU's hospital trying to seize our City's image, namesake, sports teams and venues (Sprint Center included) for their image locally and nationally. So no trolling there.

Hey kcmo? Do you have an instagram? pinterest? bed bath and beyond subscription? Well perhaps I should just ask your troll shindig, since he could probably answer that for me.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 PM

495 posts, read 779,163 times
Truly Mo, you do realize the Sprint Center probably wouldn't exist if Kay Barnes (a KU alum) hadn't reached out to Gary Forsee, another KU alum to get the naming rights to the arena? And I've never heard anybody express their displeasure about KU advertising at the Sports Complex, and I work with a lot of Mizzou alums. Maybe, just maybe, it's all in your little head? Sprint might not be the hallmark of corporate presence, but I don't remember Hallmark, HnR Block, Cerner or any other KCMO based company stepping up at the time. Remember, HnR Block got a huge tax break to move their headquarters downtown. And Cerner just feeds off both states to get the most tax incentives they possibly can to build new buildings, in both KS and MO.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig View Post
Truly Mo, you do realize the Sprint Center probably wouldn't exist if Kay Barnes (a KU alum) hadn't reached out to Gary Forsee, another KU alum to get the naming rights to the arena? And I've never heard anybody express their displeasure about KU advertising at the Sports Complex, and I work with a lot of Mizzou alums. Maybe, just maybe, it's all in your little head? Sprint might not be the hallmark of corporate presence, but I don't remember Hallmark, HnR Block, Cerner or any other KCMO based company stepping up at the time. Remember, HnR Block got a huge tax break to move their headquarters downtown. And Cerner just feeds off both states to get the most tax incentives they possibly can to build new buildings, in both KS and MO.
Oh my gosh, LOL. There's that "it's all in your (little) head" cliche again. "It's all in your head" Truly Missouri! That's the same cliche luzianne used against me, and then pioneer88 used that against me, and now, shindig has used it against me. I guess that cliche is very popular amongst JoCo supporters who happen to also be KU grads from Kansas?

Nothing is wrong with Kansas based companies sponsoring anything in Missouri. But something is wrong when a state's university and when that state's specific name is crossing state lines to make itself the official advertiser in a rivaling and an opposing state's territory. Illinois Hospital isn't the official sponsor at Busch Stadium in Missouri, nor, WILL IT EVER BE. The Truman Sports Complex should not show partisan to one state's university over the other. Both MU and KU should have no role in sponsoring anything at Missouri's TSC. And how desperate and offensive, if University of Missouri ever tried to become the official sponsor of any landmarks, venues, teams etc. outside of our own state.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Oh my gosh, LOL. There's that "it's all in your (little) head" cliche again. "It's all in your head" Truly Missouri! That's the same cliche luzianne used against me, and then pioneer88 used that against me, and now, shindig has used it against me...
The common denominator is you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City